• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Firefoods Infinity

Hi y'all.

I've bought some Firefoods Infinity and was wondering how hot you guys thought it was as there is no Scoville level on it. I know about the pepper itself I'm just curious what you guys thought of the sauce.

It wasnt as hot as I thought it was going to be - Dave's Private Reserve is considerably hotter to my palate. Nice taste though - but a bit vinegary and runny for my taste I think. I think I'd like to see them do a thicker, darker one perhaps with some chipotles and brown sugar etc. I guess i just like the deeper, crude-oil types of sauces, but Infinity is a very high quality sauce, no question.

Weirdly i didnt think I'd be able to use it as a table-sauce at a BBQ as it would be just too hot (and the sample i tried at a live event was a great deal hotter I think) but it is actually very versatile and usable. You could totally use it (sparingly) as a hot sauce table sauce effort for BBQs etc.

I made some salsa for a Mexican night we had and used a little in it and it added a perfect salsa burn - exactly what was needed. Its very suited for that sort of thing.

How would you guys rate it in terms of heat to - say - Da Bomb Ground Zero or Ass Reaper?

if it is made with extract, I won't like it...(except for DefCons zero)

The infinity sauce dosen't contain extract which is why the dave's and da bomb will appear hotter as they contain extract

Interesting - i thought the Dave's Gourmet sauces were non-extract. Hmmm. Sorry I'm such a noob lol

Its an interesting question because I've got a couple of other extract sauces - 357 Maddog being one, that I think is very hot indeed but its a different type of heat to the Infinity. Its duller and "thicker" - and it doesnt taste all that nice, whereas the Infinity is sharper and more breathtaking but tastes much nicer. Interesting.

Back