food First Hot Pepper Jelly

I've just finished jarring my first pepper jelly, and i hope it is good because it yielded three cases. I make all the fiery basics etc but NEVER thought about making a jelly until I looked at some peppers in the freezer and said, "HUH Maybe a jelly?" I did some research and put together a recipe featuring LEMON DROP AJI, TRINIDAD SEASONING PEPPERS AND WHITE SEASONING PEPPERS (i thought these would make a nice combo due to the fruity tones in the trinidad seasoning and then the aji would accent that but bring the heat up as well, plus the color combo sitting next to one another just worked.) I used very basic jelly ingredients, cider vinegar, sugar, pectin..... and used tall thin 8oz jars.
It does have a very nice lemon yellow color to it and the pre-jellified taste is pretty nice. I'm still trying to figure out how to upload pics on here so i'll try to get one on.
Anyway, it's late and i feel accomplished with this first jelly making experience. I'll let you all know how it is on some morning toast!

Cool. A good pepper jelly is hard to master.

Back