• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First log, Will follow with weekly updates

This is my first ever Grow Log. This is also my first year dealing with growing a fairly large amount of plants in my opinion. currently I have approximately 28 Bhut Jolokai, 19 Carolina Reaper, 19 Trinidad Moruga Scorpion and 6 Habanero.
Recently (Last night) I Pruned 3 of each pepper to begin my "research" and develop my own experience and opinion on how, when and how much to prune. I did only 3 of each plant so I have many control pieces. I am hoping my reading and video searches on this subject are leading me in the correct path. I would like to get my plants to about 12-15 inches  and with a nice hardy structure before putting them in the ground. I am starting this Glog also to make me aware of the growth seeing as I see these plants daily, So I do not notice growth. Measurements taken in this log for height are to the tallest portion of the stem. I will post the log at the end of the "experiment" unless anyone would like m to post it week by week. Please leave feed back, suggestions and comments as you would like. Seeing as last year was my first vegi garden and this is my first year beginning indoors I would like all the feedback I can get. Thank you in advance.
Happy Growing
Blitz

Pruned Reaper and Habanero
pruned%20reaper%20amp%20Hab_zps6xp6uyz3.jpg

Pruned Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
pruned%20scorpion_zpsxmaikul6.jpg

Pruned Bhut Jolokia (Ghost)
pruned%20ghost_zpsff714gkz.jpg

Side of other plants
Side%202%202-26-17_zpswbpoljzn.jpg

Side of other plants
Side%201%202-26-17_zpsserqkx5b.jpg

Overhead view
over%20head%201%202-26-17_zps7avvxwsh.jpg

Overhead View
over%20head%202%202-26-17_zpsatouvzwb.jpg

Blitz527 said:
Just want to update my grow list: If you could help me sort them into their "species" because I want to start seeing what belongs where and for what reasons:
28 Ghost (Bhut Jolokia)
19 Trinidad Moruga Scorpions
18 Carolina Reaper
4 Hungarian Hot Wax
4 Chocolate Habs
1 Pumpkin Hab
8 Orange Habs
1 Devils Tongue
1 Bishop Crown
1 7 Pot Brain (red)
3 Peter Peppers
1 Aji Lemon Drop
1 Billy Goat
2 Yellow Manzano
3 Big Bertha Bell
1-3 Chocolate Moruga (hopefully as they have not popped yet)

Next seeds to start:
Bolivian Rainbow
Peach Ghost
CGN 21500
Venezuelan Tiger
7 pot gigantic SB Chocolate

(some seeds from: Mlittle, WickedMike and PepperNovice THANK YOU)

So in conclusion, This will bring this years grow to 21 Peppers and a few other veggies, (the wife needs tomatoes and cucumbers, might throw in some ground cherries and such too.)

Basil and Lemon Thyme so far for herbs.

Is this what you're looking for?

Capsicum chinense:

Ghost (Bhut Jolokia)
Trinidad Moruga Scorpions
Carolina Reaper
Chocolate Habs
Chocolate Moruga
Pumpkin Hab
Orange Habs
Devils Tongue
7 Pot Brain (red)
Billy Goat

Capsicum baccatum:

Bishop Crown
Aji Lemon Drop

Capsicum annuum:

Peter Peppers
Hungarian Hot Wax
Big Bertha Bell

Capsicum pubescens:

Yellow Manzano

Devv said:

Is this what you're looking for?

Capsicum chinense:

Ghost (Bhut Jolokia)
Trinidad Moruga Scorpions
Carolina Reaper
Chocolate Habs
Chocolate Moruga
Pumpkin Hab
Orange Habs
Devils Tongue
7 Pot Brain (red)
Billy Goat

Capsicum baccatum:

Bishop Crown
Aji Lemon Drop

Capsicum annuum:

Peter Peppers
Hungarian Hot Wax
Big Bertha Bell

Capsicum pubescens:

Yellow Manzano

Thanks Scott. That's exactly what I was trying to do on my own and this clears things up. I see a lot of discussion about the different classifications and sometimes I get lost because I'm not sure what is being talked about. Thank you again.

Now when it comes to crossing, can you cross an annuum with a Chinense, or a pubescence with a baccatuum? Just for example sake. Can you cross outside of the species? Or is it best to stay within it? I know some members have crossed with a lot of success. Again I am just picking brains here for my own knowledge. Call me selfish HAHAHAHAHAHA you guys are great.

Interesting. That is a great help. Thank you Cadis.

On another note. I am a slacker and did not update yesterday. All things are pretty much the same.... Weather is not to where I want it but its getting there. Enclosure is crowded but its okay, we will be in the ground and containers "soon"..... and then hopefully many many beautiful pods will be among us :)

Happy Growing everyone

Well, I am in hopes that my plants recover, I had my power cut off yesterday, by fault of the electric company. Service person who stopped by was supposed to but Apt B... Im Apt A.... So That being said, I am a little down about how the night went. Temps dropped in my grow room to about 32/33 over night for about 7- hours. My reapers are doing ok, my scorpions are a little whimpy but my ghosts... well they are almost bent in half and very very weak... Hoping the return of the heat, lights and some nice clean H2O will pep things back up. My habs.... well they dont look like they were phased at all. I feel as if I could throw them in the freezer overnight and they would be fine LOL. Hearty little things those are. But we will see what comes of it. Unfortunately a few of my cichlids did not make it :( even with the heater on in the tank, the ambient temp dropped the water temp below 60. My neighbor (Apt C LOL) was very nice to let me use an extension cord for my fridge and a couple other little things like my aquarium heater and a light, but my grow room heater popped the breaker unfortunately... So heres to a speedy and hopeful recovery and the power company getting their shit straight....

Yeah, Alex, bummer about the power outage.  I'm glad to
hear that you are seeing recovery among the pepper plants,
and that you lost only a couple of your fish. Sometimes no
matter how careful and precise we try to be, circumstances
beyond our control conspire to muddle things up, but you
took care of business and are on the road again.  It's good
to have helpful neighbors!

Thank you everyone, Yes it is great to have kind neighbors. Everything looks to have made a decent recovery. Very happy about it. Now just waiting till dirt day :) unfortunately I can not plant them all but that is okay, I will figure something out. HAHAHAHA

Blitz527 said:
Thank you everyone, Yes it is great to have kind neighbors. Everything looks to have made a decent recovery. Very happy about it. Now just waiting till dirt day :) unfortunately I can not plant them all but that is okay, I will figure something out. HAHAHAHA Either feast or famine, eh, Alex?  :rofl:

Blitz527 said:
Thank you everyone, Yes it is great to have kind neighbors. Everything looks to have made a decent recovery. Very happy about it. Now just waiting till dirt day :) unfortunately I can not plant them all but that is okay, I will figure something out. HAHAHAHA

Not sure if we've talked about this, but when you can't plant in the ground...containers containers containers :)  Easy to move around and 90% of my plants are grown in containers and do awesome.  You can get cheap grow bags on Amazon.

Less than a buck a piece.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BAZU56I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mike

mlittle74 said:

Not sure if we've talked about this, but when you can't plant in the ground...containers containers containers :)  Easy to move around and 90% of my plants are grown in containers and do awesome.  You can get cheap grow bags on Amazon.

Less than a buck a piece.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BAZU56I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mike
Mike, I was planning on doing a few of each in containers until my greenhouse got ruined by the weather. But thank you for the link, I will absolutely do some searching and try out a few still in containers. I did find a greenhouse for right around 100 bucks, 15x7x7.... I am contemplating picking it up just to mess with. What kind of soil does everyone use in their containers? Same as their potting mix? Or something else... Thanks y'all.

Well, apart from the mid morning post, I am first going to apologize for my absence lately, LOL. I have been running like a chicken with its head cut off. Looking for work, planning the garden, and keeping up with life these past couple weeks is kind of hectic. Things are not slowing down but I need to physically chill out for a little bit. Plants are all doing very well. After the unexpected power outage :mad:  Things have recovered seemingly well. I have begun hardening off in a shaded portion of the yard, creeping closer to the sun daily. Today they are in full sun for a little while, then back to the shade, up to 5/6 hours, Everyone is taking well to the outdoor life. I stated my habs last week and they will be going into the ground today or tomorrow. I started the habs early because they were easiest to move, there are only 6 of them. So once I saw they were taking well to the change, I started my full set up. the rest of the plants going into the ground will be planted this coming weekend. 
Thats all for now, Will stop in later today with some pics. :metal: 

Due to limited space, too many plants (is that an oxymoron?? ) And more things that need to be planted besides my peppers, I am starting a little experiment today. I am going to take 6 of my ghosts, 2 buckets and some twist ties, I am going to attempt to braid them together. 3 in each bucket. I have seen it done in videos, and other online posts, and money trees are cool looking, I am going to see if I can get a similar look from peppers... Might sound dumb but I need something to do with a few of them HAHAHAHAHAA will post pics later.

Back