• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First Peppers of the Season.......

I wanted to share with everyone my first Peppers, Hot Hungarian. I went ahead and re-potted it in a much bigger pot. In fact I think it will probably stay in this pot for the duration of the season.

I have also included a picture of a habanero plant that I recently transplanted to a bigger pot. So far everything that I have potted up is looking extremely happy. :)

April2008014.jpg

April2008015.jpg

Also...Here is why I say I'm pulling my hair out chasing my plants in the small space that I have...I have definitely outgrown this space (no pun intended...LOL) and plant out time can't come fast enough...I have become a contortionist to water everyone...LOL

April2008013.jpg

They look great, congrats!

I'm sure it's a lot of work keeping them all fed and happy, but you'll be rewarded soon! :)

Looking great HPFF...great...

Flex said:
Are they all grown under fluros? To that size? What tubes?

I haven't started hardening off yet. So the only light these plants have seen is that of my Fluorescents. I am only using Walmart special 4 foot cool white "Daylight" bulbs, nothing fancy...

This has me thinking about which one will be my first pepper of the season. When it ripens, I'm going to eat it right off the plant, whole...mmmm...peppery goodness....

imaguitargod said:
This has me thinking about which one will be my first pepper of the season. When it ripens, I'm going to eat it right off the plant, whole...mmmm...peppery goodness....

Looks like my first one might be a Pimiento Padron or Jalapeno... Shouldn't hurt too much! :)

Thanks everyone :)

DrHavanger said:
Plants are looking realy great! Be glad you aren't have the opposite problem ;)

I am very, very thankful that I'm not having that opposite problem...Although, I did have my moments of stressing out over various anomalies...LOL

Sydtunes said:
Looking great! How did you pollinate them?

I think that they got pollinated by the fan plus all of the handling I do. I think it was accidental pollination...LOL

Back