• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds First seeds geminated

Planted my seeds on 3/6. Bhutes, Habs and a few others. Some of the Habs sprouted yesterday--that is only 5 days since planting. Some of the others sprouted also. I'm really surprised. I planted the seeds in the Jiffy starter. I used a heated mat. 72 little "hockey pucks" in all. 3-4 seeds each.

I turned on the lights today for them. 6 T8 bulbs. 2 Daylight, 2 Soft White and 2 "kitchen and bath".

This is my second year growing. Last year I used only 2 daylight bulbs and I rated my achievements as a success because I ate some of my home grown peppers. I have much higher expectations this year as I learned a lot last year. Who would have though I needed to weed my garden . . .

Agreeded where are the pics?
Welcome!

Here's a link. I'm open to instruction as to how to embed this image in my post.

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z468/svcook/?action=view&current=DSCN0017.jpg

I took the clear plastic dome off for the picture but put it back on. when is it okay to take this off and leave it off?

You can see the Mylar reflector mateiral I'm using, and I think this will be more important as the plants grow.

The soil is really warm since I turned on the lights. I'm using a heated mat under the planting box.

Here's a link. I'm open to instruction as to how to embed this image in my post.

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z468/svcook/?action=view&current=DSCN0017.jpg

I took the clear plastic dome off for the picture but put it back on. when is it okay to take this off and leave it off?

You can see the Mylar reflector mateiral I'm using, and I think this will be more important as the plants grow.

The soil is really warm since I turned on the lights. I'm using a heated mat under the planting box.

Here we go

DSCN0017.jpg

What is your temp at the top of the peat pellets with the dome on, lights on, heat mat on?

You don't wanna cook the little fellers if the lights are adding heat also.

By the way, nice photo, stirs the heart.... :cool:

What is your temp at the top of the peat pellets with the dome on, lights on, heat mat on?

You don't wanna cook the little fellers if the lights are adding heat also.

By the way, nice photo, stirs the heart.... :cool:

Not sure of temp. I'm going to watch it over the next couple of days and see how growing progresses. Once I'm convinced the all the seed have germinated I'll remove the heat mat and the domee

Dude, I'd invest a couple of bucks in a cheap thermometer, you'll find it usefull for this and measuring other chili environments.

You might consider ditching the dome and placing plastic wrap loosely over part of the tray that hasn't germinated. Some of your seeds may take a week or two longer to germ.

Maybe other dome-heads will comment.... :cool:

Back