First Time Grower from Perry Hall, MD

Hi all!  
My name is Steve, I'm a first time grower and once I saw this site I knew I had to join!  So long story short, my friend and I have always loved hot peppers and hot sauce and stuff like that, and we talked about growing our own peppers once before but that plan never really came to fruition.  I just got a seasonal job at a home improvement store near my house, where I work with someone who has been growing peppers for a few years now, after a short conversation we found ourselves looking through the various pepper plants our store has to offer after our shifts. So about a month ago I bought 3 plants to get me started: Jalapeno, Habenero, and Thai Chille.  Things were going well and then my Thai Chille started to droop and discolor and eventually die.  I went to work and replaced the Thai Chille with a much healthier looking Serrano plant and they all seem to be doing well now... at least I think they're doing well. I already have a few general questions I'll be sure to post soon just to make sure my setup is correct, I just can't wait for these babies to start producing peppers!

welcome and hello from sunny Phoenix az...

you should do well.. you probably got some  plants from Bonnie's since you work at a big box store.. they are the biggest dist. grower there.. , anyway.. the serrano plants are low heat but very good for  everything that needs a kick.. here in phx they are cheap as hell at .49 per lb.. so like 10 peppers ,, same price for jalapenos.. give your plants some love and you will do well.. good soil , water , enough sunlight.. and your good to go..
ask a lot of questions.. there are a lot of very  long time growers here that can help..

Just my 3 cents..
Steve

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL [SIZE=8pt]
880smile-1.png
[/SIZE]

howardsnm1 said:
welcome and hello from sunny Phoenix az...

you should do well.. you probably got some  plants from Bonnie's since you work at a big box store.. they are the biggest dist. grower there.. , anyway.. the serrano plants are low heat but very good for  everything that needs a kick.. here in phx they are cheap as hell at .49 per lb.. so like 10 peppers ,, same price for jalapenos.. give your plants some love and you will do well.. good soil , water , enough sunlight.. and your good to go..
ask a lot of questions.. there are a lot of very  long time growers here that can help..

Just my 3 cents..
Steve
They are indeed from Bonnie's, I assume they're a reliable company/ their plants are of good quality?

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Hey Sreinhard88,
Wow....Perry Hall. Brings back good memories. My two sons went to Dulaney High and played Soccer.
Every year the play offs were Perry Hall vs. Dulaney.
...And man, were they close games.
Welcome.
PJ

Back