• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics First time Grower pics

My first attempt at growing any sort of peppers, I cheated and started off with seedlings instead of seeds just to see if I was even capable of that. So far so good in my opinion.

The whole lot on a table on my back porch
http://
IMG_0512.jpg

Mariachi pepper, which i picked up from Lowe's or somewhere similar, apparently it's just a hybrid. I've got two of these and so far they have produced some nice fruits, just none have ripened yet.
IMG_0495.jpg

Another local nursery pick-up, labeled a "Coloro" Cascabella. It's done awesome, nice big fruits, just not ripened yet, the 2nd pic is for a size comparison.
IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

Next, some run of the mill Habanero's and some buds, no fruit yet just the baby buds starting
IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

Run of the mill Cayenne's and some baby fruits
IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

Then of course Jalapeno's and some fruits
IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

Hope you enjoyed, even though nothing spectacular about them. But I'm proud. Next season I will be doing some super hots but probably still start with some seedlings, just not confident enough to start from seeds yet.

Nice plants! What type of soil are they in (Looks like Miracle grow) and are you feeding them? I also have a Cascabella. Looks like a fun little pepper. Good luck this year, and welcome to THP.

Nice plants! What type of soil are they in (Looks like Miracle grow) and are you feeding them? I also have a Cascabella. Looks like a fun little pepper. Good luck this year, and welcome to THP.

It is indeed Miracle grow...it's the moisture control mixed with the regular MG potting soil. Yea, its the best I could find locally but so far it's done alright for my plants. The Cascabella is a neat little pepper, its got massive fruits on it, I'm dying to try one as soon as one gets ripe.

I just have a question. I checked the weather and next week the highs are going to be 97F. My plants are on my back porch where they get about 3/4 day of full on sun and 1/4 day of shade. Is that going to fry my poor plants? Do I need to move them somewhere else or put some of that shade cover stuff over them? I work 9 hours a day so I can't move them like halfway through the day which would make things alot easier.

Lookin goot, I have mine if full sun here and it's scorching. they are doin fine, yours should too if their hardened off goo. But smaller pots tend to dry out faster...

Nice plants indeed, they look a bit "soft" though. Trace minerals are excellent ;)

Yea, I found this forum just a short while ago and have learned so much in the last month or so. I found a nursery here that sells something similar to the Fish emulsion/seaweed stuff CCN sells. I dont have the brand name in front of me at the moment but it's got fish junk, seaweed, and seagull poo in it. All I know is I have used it once (1/2 ounce per gallon) and it stunk the whole back porch up.

Also the same nursery that sells the seaweed/fish junk/bird poo/smell awful stuff also happened to sell Fafard growing mix. They had it in the 3.8 Ft bale, but were nice enough to open the bale and separate it into 20 QT bags. Each 20 QT bag was 7$. Not sure if I got screwed or not, but looking at prices online and adding the shipping I didnt think it was too bad.

Bonnie plants I see. My father in law just bought me a Bonnie habanero from wal-mart, all their plants look amazing, I wish my plants looked like that!

Half the dose of fert you are giving them. Also try and foliar feed as much as podsible.
Trace minerals are important and can be got for cheap.

Half the dose of fert you are giving them. Also try and foliar feed as much as podsible.
Trace minerals are important and can be got for cheap.

Ok, the instructions on the bottle say to do it every 1-2 weeks for vegetables, I did it yesterday so I'll wait 2 weeks and half the dose. Also since im a newb, by foliar feed, you mean like put in a spray bottle and spray it directly onto the leaves (please forgive me, as stated I'm a newb)
Once I get home from work I will post the actual name and contents of this stuff.

Yes foliar feeding is spraying directly onto the plant. They can use this heaps more than normal root feeding. :P

Well I will do that in a couple weeks then, I definately don't want to over do it. I bought some 5 gallon buckets yesterday as well, I'm going to drill some holes in the bottoms and put everything into those.

What medium are you using? It looks like woodchips mixed with dirt.
Worm casings, composted compost and organic matter mixed in and you are set.

nice looking peppers you've got coheed!

for trace elements, i cant say enough about seaweed (kelp) for foliar feeding. if you can find it you'll have some very healthy/strong plants

What medium are you using? It looks like woodchips mixed with dirt.
Worm casings, composted compost and organic matter mixed in and you are set.

As of right now, they are in MG moisure control and MG potting mix, which I know is awful. But I found and bought some Fafard Growing mix yesterday and I am going to repot them into that.

Back