• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First timer grow and glog

First pod set on the chocolate habanero! I was getting a little worried because the flowers were dropping but more seem to be setting now.

Got my side kicks joining some chocolate hab and fatalii sprouts for some sun.
Getting some more plants ready for my new space.

And here's a shot of my DWC jalapeƱos. Despite the temperatures in the bucket being in the 80-90 F range the plant is doing awesome super productive!

The hydroponics is definitely neat but it's a lot of maintenance. Might be more viable on a multi bucket system with a reservoir. Still fun to try

As always thanks for taking a look!

Chocolate habaneros are developing nice but the leaves are curling up, I've been feeding with fox farms grow big and spraying the leaves with Epsom from time to time. I have a tendency to over love my plants so I'm trying to not over do it. Any idea what would be causing this?

The fatalii also seem to be scrunched up and dropping all its flowers

any help or thoughts would be much appreciated

Update time! Moved into the new place! No room for indoor growing at the moment so al the plants got the boot outside!
To the south facing side on a covered deck until they can handle full sun.

Peppers getting bigger!

Yellow fatalii no peppers or flowers after the stress of the move but the leaves already look happier

Have a huge open green house area now, my head is spinning with ideas!

Got an update here so far the chocolate Hab and fatalii are love the outdoors new growth is coming in with nice flat healthy looking leaves.

Chocolate habs haven't started to ripen yet but it should be soon I'm hoping! The yellow fatalii started to flower again hopefully some peppers set!

Next batch is coming in slowly but surely with the red 7 pots in the front followed by more fatalii and choco Hab

Thanks for looking! Please let me know what you think and any suggestions are always welcome I strive to learn new things

Wow - love the big greenhouse! Ā Awesome. Ā Have fun with that!
Ā 
You will like the seeds from Refining fire - I have had great results
with Jim's stuff in the past.
Ā 
The little dog in post #28 looks kind of sleepy Ā  :rofl:

PaulG said:
Wow - love the big greenhouse! Ā Awesome. Ā Have fun with that!
Ā 
You will like the seeds from Refining fire - I have had great results
with Jim's stuff in the past
The little dog in post #28 looks kind of sleepy Ā  :rofl:
Thanks! I'm looking forward to planting that batch. Got some red savinas from another source and only one germinated and died shortly after. :(

That's patsy she'll lay in the sun and sleep next to them plants allllll day!

I just cleaned out the green house some the other day. I'm debating on building shelves or just keeping the pots on the ground.

I like to get my pots off the ground, even if only a little.
even putting them on 2x4 rails laid on the ground will
help defend against most soil borne pests and diseases.
Ā 
That being said, it is much easier to care for and harvest
the pods when the chili plants are a foot or so off the
deck. Ā A 15 gallon pot on a 12" shelf gives almost 2-21/2 feet
from ground to soil level.

PaulG said:
I like to get my pots off the ground, even if only a little.
even putting them on 2x4 rails laid on the ground will
help defend against most soil borne pests and diseases.
Ā 
That being said, it is much easier to care for and harvest
the pods when the chili plants are a foot or so off the
deck. Ā A 15 gallon pot on a 12" shelf gives almost 2-21/2 feet
from ground to soil level.
Never though of it that way! 2x6's and cinderblocks it is!! I've heard/read you don't need anything bigger then a 5 gal pot, what are you using for 15 gallon pots?

Hershal_T_Walker said:
Never though of it that way! 2x6's and cinderblocks it is!! I've heard/read you don't need anything bigger then a 5 gal pot, what are you using for 15 gallon pots?
I've grown some decent sized plants in 5-7 gallon
containers. I got some used 15 gallon containers fom
a nursery, and I also have a number of utility
tubs I got at the local variety store - cheap and big,
17-18 gallons. I have a number of 10 gallon pots,
as well. My idea with the big containers is to create a
soil that is similar to growing in-ground, with enough
room for the roots to spread out. They will fill up a 15
gallon pot no problem.

PaulG said:
I've grown some decent sized plants in 5-7 gallon
containers. I got some used 15 gallon containers fom
a nursery, and I also have a number of utility
tubs I got at the local variety store - cheap and big,
17-18 gallons. I have a number of 10 gallon pots,
as well. My idea with the big containers is to create a
soil that is similar to growing in-ground, with enough
room for the roots to spread out. They will fill up a 15
gallon pot no problem.
I'll have to give this a go maybe after over wintering them. I'm having a strong debate with my self about starting seeds now. I heard we have a mild winter here in zone 9 wondering if I can take them through it with our bringing the plants inside at all.

The time has come!!! Picked my first chocolate Hab today! Taste sooooo much better then my box store hab seed packet peppers. The one I tasted isn't as spicy as I was expecting but huge flavor! Sweet right from the get go with a smoking finish I couldn't be happier with this pepper.

The seeds look Gnarly I'm not sure if that's how they are supposed to be. And I believe the pepper is fully ripe can anyone tell me if o should let them go longer or not?

so I was posting those comments as I was eating that pepper and it got the jump on me. I was so excited to try it that I brushed off the fact I hadn't eaten all day and got stomach cramps as the heat was peaking. Good and bad experience I guess. I experienced a huge adrenaline rush and a vibrating in my hands that I've heard people speak of. Definitely the hottest pepper I've eaten raw.

Back