• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics First timer here...showing a few pics

Trinnidad Scorpions in the back, Orange Habs in the bed with banana peppers

uxy2.jpg

To answer a few questions before they are asked.....
I live in a weird neighborhood where space is very limited..
I spaced them (hopefully) far enough apart that they will grow good enough to produce a good amount of peppers.
I am also growing Bhut Jolokias, and Maruga Scorpions on the other side of my small patio...
And of course I have 1 Carolina Reaper...cause I live in the Carolinas so why not..it is flourishing....!!!!

Along with Cilantro and Thai Basil...
I make a salsa out of the peppers along with some other select ingredients, and if growing goes well this year, next year hopefully, my family and I will be in  a much larger home with plenty of room to GROW!!!

I have already killed one plant, trying to make them grow quicker...so now that  they are all in the sun and in the ground, I have mulched and fertilized carefully with an organic fertilizer...they  seem to be doing great so far..I have built a burlap shade over the bhuts, they seem  to not like the direct heat of the sun here....(learned that after burning a few leaves off) 

Constructive criticism is welcomed.
Thanks for looking.
Here is the other side along with the reaper that is in the pot.

2lh0.jpg

v0r2.jpg

6sze.jpg

welcome neighbor...
the plants look great. with the weather heating up, they should produce very soon.

can't believe I didn't get any Carolina Reapers... maybe next year.

You made good use of your limited space for sure, looks really good and the plants look great and happy. Just out of curiosity about how far did you space them apart?

Arkennon said:
You made good use of your limited space for sure, looks really good and the plants look great and happy. Just out of curiosity about how far did you space them apart?

They are spaced about 14" apart....
Durham Bull said:
welcome neighbor...
the plants look great. with the weather heating up, they should produce very soon.

can't believe I did get any Carolina Reapers... maybe next year.
Hey there Durham  Bull, I am in Durham ALL the time for work.. I can drop you a few Reaper peppers if you would like sometime, there are about 30 buds about to bloom at last count...Last nights rain really kicked it in  the butt.....that thing is a beast...

Hot Head said:

They are spaced about 14" apart....

Hey there Durham  Bull, I am in Durham ALL the time for work.. I can drop you a few Reaper peppers if you would like sometime, there are about 30 buds about to bloom at last count...Last nights rain really kicked it in  the butt.....that thing is a beast...

Hi HH,

Thanks for the offer... I'll take you up on the Reapers when it's ripen. 

Thanks

Back