• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

First Yellow Brain Strain

Woohoo! I finally got a pod. The damn plant is still in a red solo cup, but it decided to set a pod, now for it to ripen...

YellowBSPod.jpg

I know there are a couple funky looking leaves in the picture, they got too close to the florescent light and got a little crispy, since been moved to a new area farther away from the light.

wtf is a brain strain anyway? Still sounds like a gimmick to me. Ask bakers peppers.

LOL A Brain Strain is a strain of the 7 Pot/Pod pepper that looks like a brain, wrinkly and all. They are quite lovely.

The problem with Baker's peppers (and no offense to Baker) is that soon EVERYONE will have these seeds and be able to grow their own.

The Brainstrain is strain of 7 Pot that was orginated by Cappy (PepperRidgeFarm). He selectively bred 7 Pots that had the traits he wanted and the Brainstrain is what came out of it. I'm not sure if it considered stable, but I believe has grown it out several generations.

Bakers Peppers has nothing to do with the Brainstrain, beyond the fact that he grew them to sell them.

There is a rather large debate going on right now as to whether or not the Brainstrain is in fact the same as the Moruga Scorpion.

I think the red is hotter, the yellow displays a mellow citrus fruit taste that (for me anyways) makes them more enjoyable ... some say it's a pineapple-ish flavor. Either way, I dig on isolated yellows big time.

Congrats on the Brain!!! :dance: :woohoo: Looks like it's going to be a very nice looking pod! Way to go!!! :)

Brainstrain is Morouga Scorpion...

They look the same and taste the same they are the same.

They are very similar, The brain has the bumpy brain shaped appearance. The brain should be of the 7pod family. The Moruga is of the scorpion family

Congrats on the Brain!!! :dance: :woohoo: Looks like it's going to be a very nice looking pod! Way to go!!! :)

They are very similar, The brain has the bumpy brain shaped appearance. The brain should be of the 7pod family. The Moruga is of the scorpion family

Thats what I hear as well. I am dieing to get my hands on some YBS seeds. I have the makings for a single 5g DWC. Im saving it for a Yellow Brain strain. That's my unicorn at the moment.

Thats what I hear as well. I am dieing to get my hands on some YBS seeds. I have the makings for a single 5g DWC. Im saving it for a Yellow Brain strain. That's my unicorn at the moment.
Very cool! Sounds like a plan!!! FYI I think the red variety is hotter

I still have some seeds I pulled out of pods bought from Bakers Peppers. I'm sure you've read about the whole debacle with those, but the pods I used all had the brain look to them. As for heat, the ones I tried were EXTREMELY HOT. MUCH MUCH hotter than a bhut. So they seem to be what you would expect out of a brainstrain in terms of heat. So hopefully they would grow true.

So if you want some seeds, let me know. I'll send you a PM with my addy and you can send me a SASBE.

Back