• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer fish and kelp fertilizer

I have some questions about fertilizers.

-I can't find fish fertilizers (I live in Belgium).
I did find salmon oil, as dog supplement.
Can it be used as fish fertilizer?

-There is kelp fertilizer on a couple webshops but it's very expansive.
I did find dry powder kelp...an ingredient for dogfood...5 euro/kg (very cheap)
Can this be used as fertilizer?
I think it's just dried, cut up kelp.

with the english channel so close, just toss in a line and pull out the easiest to catch fish. or if your local grocer sells fish or fish heads, just make your own - i haven't done it with fish heads that fuel the local chinese population's fish broth but maybe this year i will.

i do however make seaweed tea, oriental grocers sell dried seaweed and kelp, many, many brands(can't even give you a brand name because it is all in korean). i grind it up in my food processor and take a fist full of the dried mix and toss it into a gallon jug of hot water. i let this sit for a few days before using. after 4-5 days, i pour some of the liquid into a misting bottle and top the mister bottle up with water to help dilute it. i then top up my gallon jug with water. as the pulp in the gallon jug starts to decay, i then add in a goop of molasses and an airstone attached to an airpump to aerate the mix, this makes a nice fermented tea to soil feed with, again dilute the mix with water before using.

Yes, I haven't found any who delivers in Europe.
I did find dried cut up kelp which will do fine as fertiliser I think.
40 euro for 10 kg = 52 USD for 22 lbs

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/37050-supreme-growers/page__st__20

9gwtjm.jpg

Itoero, here is a fish emulsion recipe that just seems perfect. I actually like this guy's approach to all of his "recipes". The way he prepares his fish fertilizer, it has no smell when it's finished. And, if you use an airlock, you won't have to smell it while it's fermenting.

http://gilcarandang.com/recipes/herbagrow/

His "GROW" fertilizer says to use any fast-growing plant that grows in your area. Of course, kelp is good but, it is not the holy-grail of plant-based fertilizer. Again, no need to endure a horrible-smelling ferment.

Itoero said:
I have some questions about fertilizers.

-I can't find fish fertilizers (I live in Belgium).
I did find salmon oil, as dog supplement.
Can it be used as fish fertilizer?

-There is kelp fertilizer on a couple webshops but it's very expansive.
I did find dry powder kelp...an ingredient for dogfood...5 euro/kg (very cheap)
Can this be used as fertilizer?
I think it's just dried, cut up kelp.
Did you check any "growshops"? I find where I live all the special stuff can be found there.

Best of luck, Al

Back