• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fish fert.

418346_369241626434620_100000463579437_1508597_1690616399_n.jpg
Has anybody used this stuff I have used it a couple times and this stuff STINKS I mean smells bad. Its not that bad once you get it in the water and on the plants but when you open the bottle gross.

yea ,i'm using the same stuff. just make sure not to store unused water mix. Only mix what you are going to use. Your right about the smell...

Yeah - I use it along with liquid kelp, very diluted, once a week. It may smell bad but works great. Mix up about 2 T of each in a gallon of water and use it as a soil drench and foliar feed.

i use it too... it actually doesn't smell nearly as bad as it used to... they changed the deodorization process. (not that it smells good now)

I have been using it for years and it works great. Like said dogs cats and also racoons like this stuff. One of my friends has his plants on the balcony and the coons came up the post and dugg his plants out of the pots so beware.

I have been using it for years and it works great. Like said dogs cats and also racoons like this stuff. One of my friends has his plants on the balcony and the coons came up the post and dugg his plants out of the pots so beware.

I've been using this product for years in conjunction with their Mor-Bloom product. You mix a 3:1 ratio fish oil to mor-bloom for general purpose use, or you can use 'em separately. Haven't had too much problem with animals and fish fertilizer. We get mostly squirrels digging around in the containers for whatever. Mostly eastern fox squirrels.

"Not for use in organic food and crops????

What the heck is that? "Fish is not organic"

It is not OMRI.

I would use it if I wanted raccoons digging my plants thinking there is dead fish in the soil. :)

Likewise,
I remember that being used in my household from when I was a kid.
Sure it smells the the "Fish Monger's" dumpster, but it works great and doesn't burn. Make sure you shake the bottle before using. I don't use it in a spray bottle indoors for the fact it smells. The cats run the other way.I add to the watering can indoors , but have foliar fed outdoors. Just don't spray the plants in the bright sun or on a windy day..........for your sake. I also wouldn't keep it around more than one season. What's left I use up outdoors before the end of the season on flowers and so forth. I buy a new bottle each season.

Greg

The Label say:
Not for use in organic food and crops????

What the heck is that? Fish is not organic?

they has an issue with the level of metals (i think- maybe it was metallic salts?) in the water at their processing plant and lost their certification.

Back