Fish Hydrolysate...Sustainable Agricultural Technologies, Inc

Pepper-Guru stated in another thread that hydrolyzed fish is superior to simple fish emulsion, which is a by product of a by product.  So, I did some Googling for prices on organic fish hydrolysate.  Generally, most companies sell the stuff for ~$25 per gallon, minus shipping.  Neptune Harvest will sell 1 gallon for $41.50, including shipping, anywhere in the continental U.S.A.

But, then I came across Sustainable Agricultural Technologies, Inc. 

http://www.composttea.com/fish.htm

5 gallons shipped to my door would only be $64!  I live 2 hours away.  The price is $40 if I pick up.  Not worth it to me to burn the gas.  I asked in an email if this product is organic.  The reply was, "The fish is certified organic." 

Is it possible the product is still not organic, i.e., something else about it isn't organic?  Any experiences with this company from anyone here?  Thanks.

The company probably doesn't want to pay to certify their product so they buy organic fish. So it is probably organic without the payment to be organic

Hmm...interesting.  Then, I read this about another of their products:

"MYCORRHIZAE- [SIZE=12pt]The yield enhancing attributes of mycorrhizal fungi have co-evolved over millennia and have been the focus of 20 years of intensive research. Now growers, landscapers and homeowners can apply  the miraculous relationship of plant and mycorrhizal fungi and improve plant grow the natural way. We have 14 different Mycorrhizae products available, 9 of which are OMRI[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE] l[SIZE=12pt]isted."[/SIZE]

I don't want to get paranoid about this, but the fish hydrolysate is so cheap, I want to make sure I'm not buying an inferior product.

I just decided to take out all my fermenting fish by hand, slice into small bits with a knife, then blended it all up with the kitchen blender! Hahah...holy hell i almost lost my lunch. Wanted to speed up the process a bit. Damn plants better know I love them

Pepper-Guru said:
I just decided to take out all my fermenting fish by hand, slice into small bits with a knife, then blended it all up with the kitchen blender! Hahah...holy hell i almost lost my lunch. Wanted to speed up the process a bit. Damn plants better know I love them
thats dedication right there. when i make a batch of tea using my fish head tea added it takes days for the smell to come off my hands.

note to self: pass on the margaritas at Rich's house :party:

Fish carcasses, shrimp heads, whatever ya got, just dump in a bucket of water, cover, and wait a couple weeks. Be sure to put something HEAVY on the cover because neighborhood critters will try hard to get at the stuff when it starts stinking...and boy does it stink. 

Back