• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Flats and pots

just an FYI, I decided to try this company this year and have very good success with them buying pots and flats and supplies. Very good prices and super fast delivery. Most of my grows are in their pots.

http://www.novoselenterprises.com/products/square-pots.asp

Thanks for the link, Mike. It is good to have more options to look and buy from different suppliers.

Jack and I have done business with this place

Interesting!!!!! I book mark er

How is the durability?

Durability is GREAT. Very thick pots and the flats are pretty heavy duty compared to what you get when buying things from a greenhouse.

thanks for sharing . make sure to save the pots for next growing season unless you planning on selling the plants

Oh the wife and I have tons of pots :) We have been doing an almost 1 acre garden since 2007 and always keep em :) What I didnt have was durable ones that were good for peppers. Now I do! Have gotten about 200 3.5" ones and flats for them from this place! :)

Nice link. Their large nursery pots are pricey, but they have some good deals on the smaller pots. I think I'm going to order 60 4.5 inch deep square pots
with trays so I can pot up once before they go in their final containers. Comes out to $46 shipped, not bad.

Thanks for the link, Mike. It is good to have more options to look and buy from different suppliers.

Jack and I have done business with this place

I've bought from them before too, good company. I'll be going with them for nursery pots, they're a lot cheaper. They also have Pro-Mix BX bales for $28, luckily I live close to there so I can drive over and pick up a few bales along with the nursery pots.

Thanks for the links! I was kinda late in the game figuring out the importance of quality pots and the strategy of using various sizes, and getting re-usable stuff.

While trying to upgrade, I found these 'pocket trays' that organize and make carrying and moving easier and bottom watering a snap. FYI, the pocket trays designed for 3.5 pots will also accomodate the 16-oz beer cups (kinda/sorta),which seem popular around here.
pocket trays at GHMegastore

...They also have Pro-Mix BX bales for $28...
Thanks for that! It will beat the $55 I paid for a bale here! Ouch!! But I gotta say it was worth it.... :cool:

Thanks for that! It will beat the $55 I paid for a bale here! Ouch!! But I gotta say it was worth it.... :cool:

Shipping is astronomical on a bale of Pro-Mix though, that $28 bale is more like $70+ if you can't pick it up in store.

The trays are a must though imo. I can't imagine how much of a PITA it would be to move and water my ~150 seedlings without them. Much easier just to grab a tray of 20 seedlings and set it in water for 30 minutes.

Shipping is astronomical on a bale of Pro-Mix though, that $28 bale is more like $70+ if you can't pick it up in store.
Oh, well... I think my 1 bale is sufficient for the limited pot-ups I have. Sure would be nice to use it in a few larger summer containers if it was cheaper here. You folks in the midwest and Canada are lucky with that one.... :cool:

Regarding, the Novosel pots, was lucky the local hydroponics guy has the 3.5-inch pots, which is a nice size. He charges 40-cents each which shows his mark-up. (He also got me the $55 Pro-Mix.)

The trays are a must though imo. I can't imagine how much of a PITA it would be to move and water my ~150 seedlings without them. Much easier just to grab a tray of 20 seedlings and set it in water for 30 minutes.

Hey AB. Check out premierehort.com. They are distributors for ProMix and have quite a few locations in Indiana and the area. That's how I found on near me.

Hey AB. Check out premierehort.com. They are distributors for ProMix and have quite a few locations in Indiana and the area. That's how I found on near me.
You musta missed it--AB already has a local source there in Indiana. He was trying to help me out here in Boise. I tried the distributors link you posted--the place in Nampa was for big league professionals and couldn't help out a little "needs 2-bales" guy. I do sometimes get over to Portland and Seattle, so will look a little farther if desperate.

You musta missed it--AB already has a local source there in Indiana. He was trying to help me out here in Boise. I tried the distributors link you posted--the place in Nampa was for big league professionals and couldn't help out a little "needs 2-bales" guy. I do sometimes get over to Portland and Seattle, so will look a little farther if desperate.

I had the same result using PH's locate a distributor deal...it only lists 3 or 4 distributors that don't sell to the public generally, although some will if you call and ask them. Unfortunately, their search tool is practically useless for individuals trying to locate Pro-mix. I got lucky and happened to find it while browsing Greenhousemegastore's website, and then got lucky again that they're only an hour away. I also happened to find it browsing Worm's Way's website, and there's one in Bloomington about an hour and 15 minutes away. Additionally, I found 1 cubic foot bags of PM ultimate organic mix at a Menard's only 3-4 miles away, just by chance. Of course, none of these locations show up when searching PH's website, only a few big distributors that I can't buy from. There are people all over the internet wanting to buy Pro-mix but can't because they can't find anywhere to buy it. How hard is it to make a list of places that sell Pro-mix to the public? I don't get it. There are probably a lot of people that can't find it, and the whole time there are stores within 10-30 miles of them that are selling it. It's as if they don't really care if you buy it or not. At least I finally found several sources not too far that sell it, no thanks to PH.

Interesting marketing technique! Most gardening places around here have a pretty generic supply of Miracle Grow and the Jiffy Mix domes. Try to find quality stuff like Pro-Mix--or the good trays and pots and it become more problematic. Some gardening shops, mostly the quality mom and pops, are catching on to the gardeners band wagon, however, so I really can't complain too much.

I found a distributor near me and they sold me a bail. I thanked them and told them most distributors won't just sell 1 unit of anything. They were very nice.

I found a distributor near me and they sold me a bail. I thanked them and told them most distributors won't just sell 1 unit of anything. They were very nice.

Yeah, I think a lot of them will sell to individuals if you ask, even if they don't normally do it. Thechilewoman gets her supplies from Carl Brehob & Son in Indianapolis, one of the distributors that comes up in the search, and she told me when I asked if she knew anywhere to get BX bales that they will sell to individuals if you just call them and know what you want. So...doesn't hurt to ask. A lot of the distributors seem to be family businesses that probably wouldn't mind selling a bale or two to someone. If you can show up to pick it up on site it's probably not much trouble for them to sell you one, so why not?

Back