• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

issue Flower drop on a healthy Ghost Pepper plant.

As the title states, my Ghost plant can't put out fruit. The buds would bloom and then fall off 2 days later. I'm not sure if this is natural when the plant puts out its first round of flowers. It seem to be healthy and I think I'm doing everything right. The plant is about 4 months old.

Climate - Days don't get hotter than 80 F, nights don't get colder than 55 F. Humidity is around 70%

Fertilizing - I was using Miracle Gro all purpose at half strength every 2 weeks, I switched over to a 10-10-7.5 fertilizer (the only "bloom" fertilizer I can get in my area). I used that weekly from 2 weeks ago until now.

Watering - I would only water if the soil was dry an inch down. I wouldn't water in huge amounts so I don't think I overwatered.

Pollination - I tried basically all methods of pollination. Shaking the plant, q-tip, electric toothbrush, etc...

Any suggestions or advice is welcome.

Thanks

I have some images posted below (open image in a new tab)

received_859576445129279.jpeg received_886242782424077.jpeg received_901599467638063.jpeg received_1346610729503251.jpeg

Last edited:
Solution
Happens a lot in spring here too. Seems like nighttime temps up to 60F causes the plants to produce insufficient pollen for proper pollination. Flowers that didn't had good pollination will drop.
Wouldn't worry too much though, plants look fine and quite young. In a few months you will be knee deep in peppers for sure! 😁
Might wanna give a bit more pottasium to their diet if you wan't a nice fruitset.
Happens a lot in spring here too. Seems like nighttime temps up to 60F causes the plants to produce insufficient pollen for proper pollination. Flowers that didn't had good pollination will drop.
Wouldn't worry too much though, plants look fine and quite young. In a few months you will be knee deep in peppers for sure! 😁
Might wanna give a bit more pottasium to their diet if you wan't a nice fruitset.

Solution
Alright, I will try to stop worrying about it and let nature do its thing. I started using a home made wood ash fertilizer for potassium (don't worry I use under the directed amount to avoid any problems). I hope it helps.

Last edited:
I forgot to say, all my other plants (younger than this ghost plant) are producing fruits normally and their flowers have tons of pollen...

I grew a T-Rex Mustard last year that did the same thing. Same soil mix, fertilizer, location, everything the exact same as all my other peppers. It was a healthy plant, too. It went ALL SUMMER LONG dropping blooms. I didn't get a single pod off the plant. I have never had that happen before... I've had some losers in the past but never a complete zero for fruit.

I grew a T-Rex Mustard last year that did the same thing. Same soil mix, fertilizer, location, everything the exact same as all my other peppers. It was a healthy plant, too. It went ALL SUMMER LONG dropping blooms. I didn't get a single pod off the plant. I have never had that happen before... I've had some losers in the past but never a complete zero for fruit.
Thats strange, maybe i'll try to regrow a ghost if this one doesn't do anything

Maybe this is just incidental, but I notice the same thing with my apocalypse reds. The first flowers have a green tinge to the petals & they all fall off. Later in the season, the flower petals are white & will set fruit...

Back