• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Flowering and PH

It doesnt appear that there is any pollen on my Bhut Jolokia flowers, or any other flowers on plants previously for that matter :(. My Ph is 6.8-7. Should I drop the ph to around 6? How do I get the flowers to produce pollen??? I read that the RH needs to be atleast 60%. But members on the forum say thats not true. Please help. Ideas and suggestions would be most helpful! Thanks! :) Also, my light schedule is 250Watt setting on my MH light. from 6:30am-7pm with an hour of darkness around 11am. Guess I should switch to the Hps! But people get pods under MH and T5's so... Also should I be using 250watt setting or 400watt setting?

What is your soil mix like? They are probably producing pollen you just cannot see it. Generally they produce the most mid-day, from like noon till 2 or 3. Take your finger and place it under a flower and gently tap the flower with your other hand. Do this on multiple flowers so you can gather enough pollen to see with the naked eye.

Time for the Willard list :)
Ive seen the willard list many times. The plants should be large enough to produce. Th plants have flowered atleast 2-3 times now. See glog to look at plant sizes. :) I.just dont understand why im not getting pollen? The flowers seem small too except the yellow seven. But the yellow seven have very short flower stems.

What is your soil mix like? They are probably producing pollen you just cannot see it. Generally they produce the most mid-day, from like noon till 2 or 3. Take your finger and place it under a flower and gently tap the flower with your other hand. Do this on multiple flowers so you can gather enough pollen to see with the naked eye.

K thanks I will try that. My potting mix is fox farms ocean forrest. If there is any pollen it has to be a minute amount. Lol.

Back