• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Flowering chilies

Hey guys,

Do chili peppers go into flowering by age or by light cycles, like 12/12?   
I'm about to start an indoor grow and i'm wanting to keep the plants on the small side.

willard3 said:
Chiles are not sensitive to photo period or, in the vernacular, are day neutral.

They are not sensitive but don't go on 24/7 always on light cycle neither. Peppers need a break (not for long though) .

Clueless Wanderer.....I have some academic papers links lying around if you need to know more about optimal light cycle.

Im running 20hr on and 4hr off for my seedlings. Thats under 144 watts of florescent lighting. They all seem to be doing just fine. Higher output lighting might need more "down time". Im not really sure. One of my rocotos and all the MOA reds seem to really like it.

Hey guys, thanks for the answers. 

ELCouz, the links aren't needed, but thanks for the offer :-)

So, if I have a single tent with a combination of vegging and fruiting plants under the same light, what light cycle should I have them on? ..I know its not optimal but the crop value isn't worth the cost of having separate veg and flower tents.
I just want to grow out different strains for the taste and heat experience.

Back