• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Flowers on my habs

Finally have flowers on my habanero and jalapeno plant. I've been pinching off the flowers for the last week or so. I decided to let a few of the flowers go so I can hopefully have a few peppers. I also have a tabasco plant but that one does not have any buds yet.

Kinda nice to actually see flowers and I'm getting anxious to see some peppers.

Tabasco
Tabasco06_10_10.jpg

Habanero
Habanero06_10_10.jpg

Hab06_10_10.jpg

Your plants are coming along nicely. I had to laugh a little bit about your comment about "so I can hopefully have a few peppers", don't worry, with the cultivars you have selected, you will soon by overwhelmed by pods. Well, just as long as your temps don't get too hot. Flowers become sterile when summer temps start rising too high, but they will make a pod come back as soon as the temps drop again.

Nice to see yours are at a nice size and already flowering. As for me, i only got seedlings. Lol.

But i'm gonna drown in peppers hopefully in the months to come. =)

Matt, I am a little concerned with the heat. It's been getting into the mid to upper 90's during the day. I have them in the front of my house out of the sun and wind. They only get morning sun on the weekends so I'm hoping they produce even with the high temps and not getting much sun. They are getting the heat.

Franz, I still have alot of seedlings. I have one bhut that looks good and is about 3-4" tall. I have another bhut that's about an inch and a few long red slims that are about 4" tall. I will have warm weather until the end of Sept thru maybe the mid of Oct before the temps start to get at or below 50 during the night.

I guess I will have to start a grow log over the weekend.

Plants are looking great. Deeper green than on most of my plants due to all the rain in the last couple of weeks. You will have pods in no time.

jacob

I picked off a few of the flowers today to allow for more plant growth. I have a jalapeno plant that has been dropping flowers. it's under my patio out of direct sunlight but it does get the heat. Daytime temps have been ranging around 95* so I think that may be the reason for the flower drop. Temps will stay around the mid to upper 90's for the next few months. Hopefully the flowers do not continue to drop.

Back