• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

FML: SHUTTING MY GROW DOWN.

Hey all,

My girlfriend and are about to experience some money shortages and I need to shut down the ole 1000w HPS.

Can anyone tell me the minimum amount of light required to keep a plant going as a house plant ?

All I have are eastern facing windows. I plan to overwinter a couple but would really like to not cut back all my plants in order to enjoy them over the winter... Is this possible?... what about vegging seedlings in eastern facing windows ? Will they keep going ?

Here is what I am looking at, black pots are two gallons, white is a five gallon bucket:

25ywr6g.jpg

Help as I really don't want to lose to much... already having to get rid of 70 seedlings or so... will they ship this time of year ? Anyone need any seedlings ?

Would it be better to leave the seedlings or line the windows with guys the size in the five gallon... which has a butter chance of making it the next 6 1/2 months ?

- Mega

- Mega

I had several Naga Morich plants that produced peppers year round with no grow lights. I have south facing windows, and left them there. Whatever sun they got was what they got. We're not quite the latitude you are at, but not far from it. It was cool to see it be snowing outside, and see lots of peppers and flowers. My window setup is very similar to yours.

I'd just let them be, and see what happens.

Just watch out for those damned aphids...

what about something like this i use this on my hydro ghost for the last 3 years and it work great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs_QRorECvo

That sounds awesome but really trying to do it even cheaper than that... I will be surprised if the GF will even let me buy ferts... One good thing is my office has a crap ton of T8s.... lets just say the pepper population went from two to 12 this morning :)

Nagas what temps you getting by your windows ?

Yo scovie ! Nothing is too bad... my job just switched from pay days every two weeks to every other friday...not that big of a change just shorts me a few hundred every check... i will make it up those months with an extra check but still will leave me a bit short the first half of the year.... So peppers got to go... that is those that I cannot Ninja into peoples offices, in the waiting rooms, next to windows, and then hope to try my luck at cutting them back and over wintering...

We shall see.... kinda sucks I just gave away my seeds and processed the rest of my frozen pods into some sauces I gave out... darn things are just starting to pod up.... I am going to keep my 400w in a tent going... managed to get a yellow 7 BS and a mystery plant in there...

- Mega

Nagas what temps you getting by your windows ?

Was around mid to low 60s. The plants didn't seem to mind at all.

Here's a pic before the aphids ate them up. The white stuff in the upper right hand corner of the pic is snow.

fyzskj.jpg

I hated to see them go. They were almost three years old, and just kept on pumping peppers out :(

Damn, three years that sucks. I almost lost my garden earlier this year... fought aphids for months.... finally cut them all the way back and used azamax.... I tell ya what I wont use anything else from now on... defiantly did the trick... and fast.

Thank you for your input Naga I'll line a few up and let um go. Hopefully they will like their new home.

- Mega

Here FML means "family medical leave" which means no play no pay...

You sure it's not FMLA? The A being Act. ! I've done it a couple times.
It's paternity leave for daddies to use. Lol.

Sean Anytime. Let me know and I'll care for them. No rush

Back