for-sale For Sale #637 Blair's 3 AM - Best offer

I am putting the crown jewel of my Hot sauce collection up for sale. I am the original owner of a signed and numbered bottle of Blair's 3 am. I purchased it in Key West soon after it was released. It has never been opened or tampered with in any way and it is completely like new. I have always stored it in my cabinet in a nonsmoking home. When I purchased the "hot sauce" it came with a clear plastic box that has a sticker that reads " USE EXTREME CAUTION. This is not hot Sauce. This product must be used as an ingredient only! (1tsp of Blair's 2am reserve mixed with 1 gallon of sauce will produce extreme heat) INGREDIENTS: Natural Pepper Extract, Red Savina, Habanero, Cayenne Chilies, Vinegar. AVOID ANY AND ALL SKIN CONTACT! Gardner Resources, Inc. P.O. Box 363 Highlands, NJ 07732 No the 2 am is not a typo on my part. That is what the sticker reads. However the bottle is a bottle of Blair's 3 am. It has red and Yellow Latex melted over it. My guess is that either the new stickers had not come in when this early edition (only #637) or they were trying to save money by using the rest of the 2am stickers. Either way the sticker is not on the bottle. It is on the box that encases the bottle.
I hate to part with this rare collectible however my situation has forced me to assess my attachment to certain items and weigh them against the cash that they are worth. In other words, "I need the money."
If you are interested in making an awesome addition to your collection then I encourage you to email me a serious offer to jfk70@aol.com or you can post your offer here, on this forum. If you would like to see a picture of then email me at the above address and I will be happy to reply with a photo. I have pictures but they are not uploaded. Furthermore If you have any questions then feel free to ask them.
Btw, the bottle is located in Florida and I will ship it to you whichever way is you are willing to pay to have it sent.
Additionally, I am not looking for the fastest sale. I am looking for the Best Offer. If you are a true collector then you know the value of this true hot sauce ICON!!!!!!!

Thank you,

Jeff

Just curious JFK70, but since these are collectibles, what are you figuring the fair market value is for this hot sauce?

Do you know if there is a web site that lists the going rate for collectible hot sauces?

dvg

Just curious JFK70, but since these are collectibles, what are you figuring the fair market value is for this hot sauce?

Do you know if there is a web site that lists the value of collectible hot sauces?

dvg

The least expensive bottle I have seen for sale was on ebay for $350 and it was numbered in the 9,000 range. I have also noticed that more recent creations of Blair's limited editions are selling new for $500 to $700.
I do not know of a website that lists the value of collectible hot sauces. And just like everything else in this world, something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. That is why I posted this bottle for sale - Best offer.

Jeff

The least expensive bottle I have seen for sale was on ebay for $350 and it was numbered in the 9,000 range. I have also noticed that more recent creations of Blair's limited editions are selling new for $500 to $700.
I do not know of a website that lists the value of collectible hot sauces. And just like everything else in this world, something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. That is why I posted this bottle for sale - Best offer.

Jeff

Thanks for the info Jeff.

Here's a link to some being sold for $48.00 USD.

http://www.the-best-hot-sauce.com/site/1512336/product/B156

Hope you get what you're looking for.

Good luck to you.

dvg

What number is the bottle and where did you see it for $34 because I am going to buy it.

Thanks
Jeff

The $30 version is part of Blair's second edition release that came out in 2010.

example: http://www.hotsauce.com/Blair-s-3am-Reserve-Extract-Signed-2nd-Edition-p/1735.htm?click=2704

Note: Most of the images on hot sauce sites are stock photos of the original 3 a.m and not the second edition.

First edition:
3am_227_ttf.jpg

Second edition:
412VtQUBr0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks for the info. This is a first edition numbered bottle. When I sell this one I may buy a second edition to fill the void in my collection.

Jeff

The $30 version is part of Blair's second edition release that came out in 2010.

example: http://www.hotsauce.com/Blair-s-3am-Reserve-Extract-Signed-2nd-Edition-p/1735.htm?click=2704

Note: Most of the images on hot sauce sites are stock photos of the original 3 a.m and not the second edition.

First edition:
3am_227_ttf.jpg

Second edition:
412VtQUBr0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks for the clarification B2BS.

The second edition bottle looks nothing at all like the numbered first edition, and probably pales in value as well.

dvg

There are plenty of 1st. Gen. 3AM bottles floating around out there. In fact, the market is completely saturated with them. What Jeff is trying to sell is a bit rarer. The early 3AM bottles were NUMBERED......and #637 is pretty low in the run. That makes it a bit harder to find. I'm not sure how many Blair numbered before he ended, but I'd imagine it was somewhere around ten thousand.

The Blair's collectables you see at $500-$700 are usually extremely limited (like 99 bottles or less) and command a premium price. I personally wouldn't spend $700 dollars on a bottle of hot sauce.....but I do have some that are really hard to find. The collectors market is fickle and subjective to say the least. Right now, it's a buyers market due to the economy and a steady decline in interest.

For example,

The original Blair's Caldera was selling for $1500-$5000 back in 2005. I snagged a really nice specimen for $275 a year ago.

My advice to you, Jeff.....is to keep it. It's not eating anything sitting there in your collection, and it's awesome to look at!

If you're wanting an estimate on the price......with no cracks in the wax and stored properly, fair market value on it today in an auction setting would be around $75 to $90 dollars. You can pick up the un-numbered 1st. Gen 3AM all day for $30-$35.

I hope this helps. :cool:

Early edition numbered 2 a.m's are still going for 450-500 http://www.hotsauce.com/Blair-s-2am-Reserve-Extract-p/misc-blairs-2am-393.htm

As for the 3 a.m's I can't seem to find any numbered first generation bottles currently up for sale, you may want to email Blair via his website for a bit more information.

Do you have a ballpark figure you are roughly looking for so i know what sort of range I should aim an offer at - i'm a newbie, but want something like this to really make my (small) collection really special.

Can you PM me if you have it for sale still and we'll talk offers? :)

That weird because I picked up a early ed 2am and 3am for a combined total of $120.the 3 am is in the low 1000s with a small crack under the skull. The 2am is low 6000s witch also has a small crack under the skull.pretty good deal I'd say.patients is a virtue lol. :)

Back