• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

For those of us in the Southwest or where it's hot!

As stated, I generally use plywood but happened to have this in my closet of boxes and it just happened to be a perfect fit.
This was not meant to be malicious intent or otherwise. I don't regularly go into the post office unless I'm mailing something. I shall use other cardboard boxes or plywood for the others.

Dave

Roguejim said:
Is FREE a nicer way of saying STOLEN? Just askin'.
he could still use it to mail after the season like shipping me a box of pods. Just wishing. So if he uses it at a later time it's not stolen!!
stoney's_ghost said:
I usually use plywood for my non-bucket containers but found these free large priority mail boxes to fit 5 gallon buckets perfect for protection from the heat.
It's over 100 here today and expected to get hotter real soon.
Dave
thats a great idea Stoney. 2 weeks of index of 100 have taken a bunch of flowers. That could have been peppers. Super idea!!'

Go to the USPS website and order them ... they are free and they are delivered free. I know cause hubbie orders them all the time. They have many diff sizes.

Angie

Spicytigger said:

Go to the USPS website and order them ... they are free and they are delivered free. I know cause hubbie orders them all the time. They have many diff sizes.

Angie
And why do you suppose they are delivered FREE? Just askin'.

I am not exactly sure of the severity but, I know it is a crime and may even be a felony.

Note  "this packaging is the property of the US postal serviceR and is provided soley for use in sending priority mailR shipments. Misuse may be a violation of federal law." 

Whats more is you have actually posted on an internet forum, photographic proof a crime has been committed.

OUCH!

CAPCOM said:
I am not exactly sure of the severity but, I know it is a crime and may even be a felony.

Note  "this packaging is the property of the US postal serviceR and is provided soley for use in sending priority mailR shipments. Misuse may be a violation of federal law." 

Whats more is you have actually posted on an internet forum, photographic proof a crime has been committed.

OUCH!
ouch is right !   :banghead:

Well, like I said, there was absolutely no criminal intent intended on my behalf.
The box was in my shipping supplies, and just happened to fit nicely until I can buy the plywood.
Every intent to ship something in the box. That's why I have the box.
I've frankly never read that warning capcom mentioned.
Will use plywood only.

stoney's_ghost said:
Well, like I said, there was absolutely no criminal intent intended on my behalf.
The box was in my shipping supplies, and just happened to fit nicely until I can buy the plywood.
Every intent to ship something in the box. That's why I have the box.
I've frankly never read that warning capcom mentioned.
Will use plywood only.
Yeah, it's time to lighten up a bit.  There was another THP member showing off his secure method for transporting live plants by using USPS Priority boxes to line the inside of regular cardboard boxes.  Double strength.  Frankly, the USPS Postal Inspectors have bigger fish to fry within the organization itself.  I know you weren't intending anything criminal.

There is ZERO Liability to using USPS boxs for shading a bucket
The rules are very clear,the language is very clear,
They are designed for shipping goods via the USPS,the contraband list is also very clear
When one meets the requirements by agreeing and paying all fee's the USPS expedites the shipments.

AGAIN,the only LIABILITY is when you use the box INCORRECTLY with in the context of "SHIPPING" per USPS TOS.

Be very careful with mattress and pillow tags,running with forks is still and act of terrorism to many

Brilliant Idea.   I took an umbrella and put it on top of my tomato cages so they got a break from the mid-day heat. 

Back