• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Forecast for Next Summer - Hot!

Here is the beginning of next years garden. I'm getting excited already. Going to be a long winter.

IMG_4428.jpg

It's good to get all the stuff you need by the end of the year in time! I have already bought most of what I need, too. Still need some seeds myself, though. Looks like your summer is going to be VERY HOT indeed! :) I agree that having to wait till it's time to start your seedlings seems to take forever!!! I'm trying to make sure I got hot stuff all winter and spring long by freezing, drying, pickling, canning etc as many peppers as I can. It's also nice to enjoy the heat when all you have to do is rip a jar open! :)

cool Patrick...er, I mean HOTTTTT!!!

now add Dorset Naga, Bih Jolokia, and Naga Jolokia (chinense, not the PC1 kind)...and you will have the quintet of superhots....

the Red Savinas are hot but IMO Chocolate habs are hotter...

Yes getting ready myself now and planning for next year new greenhouse for me and a poly for my allotment :)

It is fun getting ready isn't it?

I've also got seeds for Cumari ou Passarinho, Hot Paper Lantern, Congo Trinidad, Red - Yellow - Red Caribbean Habs, Thai Hot, Scotch Bonnet and Fatalii's.

Getting ready to order some Chocolate and Chocolate Long Habs and I'm on a waiting list for some Trinidad Scorpion seeds.

You folks have any other suggestions? I would like to add some sweets next year for different flavors. Anybody in here willing to admit they eat and grow sweet ones?;) Suggestions for good ones?

Thanks gang.:)

I am growing sweet and tasty peppers and I am not the slightest bit ashamed. :)

I can recommend
Champion
Lombardo
Red tipped pepper
Feher QLB
as well as orange and yellow bell peppers.

I can send you seeds for all of those if you want! Just let me know!

Chiliac I would be forever grateful for some seeds! I'll send you my address in a PM. Thanks!

I'm also looking for a sweet banana pepper, any suggestions?

Chiliac said:
I am growing sweet and tasty peppers and I am not the slightest bit ashamed. :)

I can recommend
Champion
Lombardo
Red tipped pepper
Feher QLB
as well as orange and yellow bell peppers.

I can send you seeds for all of those if you want! Just let me know!

Ill Champion your Champion Because i like Champion :lol:

patrick said:
I'm going to try my hand at some sauces next year for sure. I want to make my own chili powder too and I've got a thread going http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=7679 with some great suggestions for that. I want to make some powders too for a quick, reliable way to add flavor and heat instantly. That is the main goal.

The Bhuts and Nagas are great for chili powder. It's easy to adjust the heat level for a given recipe with the powders.

Certainly true my friend,I no people who just make powder out of there pods,Because they find the pods (Naga/Jolokia) to hot :)

Back