• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Found a cheap source of Mycos & Micros!?!?

I saw this last year, and told my mother in law to try it.
385ca067-97cb-47bd-9ce3-c8a70fc7e633_300.jpg

Well she bought it and never used it.
I was over there a few days ago and decided to give it a closer look. and this is what I found:
Kellogmyco_zps122e68d6.jpg

What do you guys think? I'm not going to use this as a source of N-P-K, but to inoculate AACT with myco.
This Bag cost 7$ and is OMRI listed.

Look at Jobes fertlizer, they have the EXACT same side panel. Must be made by the same folks....one is called Knock Out Rose Fertilizer and the other is Blooming Flower Fertilizer.

Look at Jobes fertlizer, they have the EXACT same side panel. Must be made by the same folks....one is called Knock Out Rose Fertilizer and the other is Blooming Flower Fertilizer.

You know that would not surprise me at all. Stuff is rebranded all the time. It helps give the illusion of choice. I think I'm going to throw it in a bucket with some molasses and see what happens.

This is sold at Home Depot for 7$.
I didn't see the Jobe's version there. It might be a regonal type thing. Jobe's in one area, Kellogg in an other.

I have a feeling their both the same thing. Just look for one or the other at your local HD and check the side for a list of Mycos.

Lot's of fertilizer company's are now using myco's in there mixes.However I tend to shy away from Kellogg's products due to there practices,no telling where that poultry waste comes from.It should work as a fertilizer and in an AACT,but I like to use Xtreme Gardening's myco's when I transplant on the root ball for best results.

Lot's of fertilizer company's are now using myco's in there mixes.However I tend to shy away from Kellogg's products due to there practices,no telling where that poultry waste comes from.It should work as a fertilizer and in an AACT,but I like to use Xtreme Gardening's myco's when I transplant on the root ball for best results.

I agree, that and where does the bone meal come from ;)
However,getting people on myco and off MG seems to be the bigger battle in the same fight. Baby Steps, right?

Yeah all the big names are starting to move toward OMRI compliance. Sure it's not perfect, but it is a step in the right direction. And buying products from big names that are OMRI, shows them that there is a market for it and it is worth making the products.

However, I am like you and like to set standards. So keep up the good fight :P

http://www.horticulturesource.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=189&osCsid=5cc5a67f5f7637eacb30135e214dc556

Good prices, shipping can make or break, depends on where you live. Ordered a few things from them. Fast service

I'm not sure if I get the " I'm not going to use this as a source of N-P-K" remark. If you use it for the Myco how would you keep the NPK from being used? Looks like an all around fertilizer to me.

I'm not sure if I get the " I'm not going to use this as a source of N-P-K" remark. If you use it for the Myco how would you keep the NPK from being used? Looks like an all around fertilizer to me.

That's OK brotha,
I am not using this product for a source of NPK. In order to do so, I would need to use a lot more to meet the recommended amount listed for Tea on the label.

I am thinking more along the lines of a Mycorrhizal inoculant. And that only takes a "Drop in the bucket :) ."

For those who don't know, not saying you Pat, Mycorrhizal is a fungus that will reproduce if in the right environment, like an AACT

You're right about using it as a Myco inoculate, doesn't take much. What label are you referring to for the tea recipe? Love to see the recipe.

The NPK numbers on that package sound pretty good to me.

If you look at my glog, page seven I think, you can see what Myco does for roots. I'm a big fan of it.

This is the one I was referring to;

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&keyword=jobes+fertilizer&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+All

8 lb. Organic Proven Winner Plant Fertilizer
Model # 09728

$8.98

The Jobe's Organics 8 lb. Proven Winner Plant Food features an organic Biozome formula for fertilizing Proven Winner Plants.. An organic plant food that delivers fast results. Jobe's is specially formulated with Biozome. . Jobe’s Biozome is a consortium of three microorganisms – bacteria, Mycorrhizal, fungi plus a unique species of beneficial Archaea to improve nutrient absorption and help break down simple organic materials.

Back