• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

FOUND THESE IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!!!

Hey Guys!!

I just got home from work and I found these in the mail!!!

DSC03537.JPG

Thanks Mister_AL!!!

Im so Excited!!! :dance: I dont know if I can wait till January or February to start some!!!

Christmas in June! or is it your birthday? How Exciting!

Start a couple for pots that you can overwinter somewhere in your house.

I store my seeds in individual baggies in a couple of shoeboxes. Keep them cool and dry and they will last for years.

Mister Al is quite generous. I have traded with him several times this year. Why not go ahead a start a few of those bad boys? Give you some heat for the winter if nothing else. I just started some seeds that I received from a trade with a member. Just can't help myself, if I get new seeds, I just gotta plant them. :lol: Probably won't get much off them before the season ends, but I have a 400w light in the garage that will keep them happy for a while longer. :lol: I plan on growing all year.

Good luck!
jacob

there are tons of people here on the forum who are very helpful and very sharing. I for one have been shared by at least 5 members of this great forum alone. And eventually I'll give back what I can. Of course the ones who have shared will be my priority.

I store my seeds in individual baggies in a couple of shoeboxes. Keep them cool and dry and they will last for years.

Mister Al is quite generous. I have traded with him several times this year. Why not go ahead a start a few of those bad boys? Give you some heat for the winter if nothing else. I just started some seeds that I received from a trade with a member. Just can't help myself, if I get new seeds, I just gotta plant them. :lol: Probably won't get much off them before the season ends, but I have a 400w light in the garage that will keep them happy for a while longer. :lol: I plan on growing all year.

Good luck!
jacob

Where do you keep the shoeboxes?

I would love to start sharing seeds with people. But this is my first year so I'll have to wait a while lol

Thanks for all the replies everyone!! I too was wondering about where to store them. I kept lasts years seeds in a closet in my grow room in the basement.... Its nice and cool and dark down there.

I think I am going to start one of each now and grow them over the winter..... I have two separate 3ft by 4ft grow tables and each has four twin tube florescent shop lights, so 8 bulbs @ 40watts each would be 320 total watts on each table. I will just put 2 plants on each table unless I over winter a few of the ones I have now. I have heat mats I could set them on to keep the root systems warm too.

This spring I was pinching buds and pods like crazy off them in the basement to get them to grow larger before they went outside so I think they should produce down there. my grow room in the basement is heated but does get down to around 55* or so when the heater is off but back up to 70* or so when it is on. By winter they should be a decent size and maybe they will fair ok with the cooler temps. Plus I should be able to keep the pollination true down there and get some more true seeds for next spring If I get pods by January. I can also repay the favors with the extra seeds for next spring.

I will keep everyone updated on this!!

Congrats on the seeds. There are a lot of generous people around here.

As far as growing peppers over the winter you're going to need more than the shop lights. Remember it isn't the wattage that really matters when it come to growing plants, there is a lot more to it. Here's a site that can explain things much better than I ever could. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDAQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhomeharvest.com%2Fwhichgrowlightisrightforme.htm&rct=j&q=grow+lights+for+indoor+plants&ei=ecQTTI9BgrucB6qv7KoM&usg=AFQjCNFNN-5nN3fyALx0KAE4gsfrkwKsvw

There is a world of difference in the light needed for overall growth and that needed for pod development. Good luck man.

Congrats on the seeds. There are a lot of generous people around here.

As far as growing peppers over the winter you're going to need more than the shop lights. Remember it isn't the wattage that really matters when it come to growing plants, there is a lot more to it. Here's a site that can explain things much better than I ever could. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDAQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhomeharvest.com%2Fwhichgrowlightisrightforme.htm&rct=j&q=grow+lights+for+indoor+plants&ei=ecQTTI9BgrucB6qv7KoM&usg=AFQjCNFNN-5nN3fyALx0KAE4gsfrkwKsvw

There is a world of difference in the light needed for overall growth and that needed for pod development. Good luck man.

Thank you and thanks for the info. :-)

My pleasure man. I'm thinking about trying to grow a few pods myself this winter and trying to sort through everything I can find. It appears the best bet, without spending oodles of money on Metal Halide (MH) or High Intensity Discharge (HID) Plant Grow Lights is to use a combination of the High Output florescent bulbs. Either compact or tube.

Back