• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fox farm happy frog worth it?

Proud Marine Dad said:
Look on the bag and see if there is an OMRI symbol on it.
I don't think the OMRI would allow their seal on soil that contains human waste from Los Angeles county.
CpGJUUJl.jpg

I dont know what OMRI allows but maybe kellogg changed their ways assuming you are/were right about them.

SL3 said:
I might try Kellogg's Patio to thin out the mix instead of the Amend. From what Proud Marine Dad is saying it might be the better choice.  
I was told by Kathy at Kellogg that Patio Plus has no biosolids in it but when you do some research it sounds like most of their products do have it so I don't know whether to believe her or not.
That's one reason why I am making my own soil this year from OMRI certified Canadian Peat moss and my own compost that contains no chemicals whatsoever.
Biosolids may or may not be bad but I agree with many that it's not worth messing with trying it because there is a possibility that if the biosolids in the compost were not cooked enough then things like medicines people take could be present in the soil. If it were on flowers or some other non food plant I would say don't worry about it but for fruits and vegetables I won't chance it personally.
Oski said:
CpGJUUJl.jpg

I dont know what OMRI allows but maybe kellogg changed their ways assuming you are/were right about them.

That's a possibility Oski, I don't know. Last season I contacted Kathy at Kellogg and she told me Amend had biosolids but Patio Plus did not.
Either they have stopped using biosolids in their soil or it is being treated well enough to earn the OMRI label. This calls for some investigation.

Oski said:
Well this is not good news at all. What is OMRI stamping good for then?
I would say it's good for companies to slip their products in under the wire so to speak of unsuspecting customers who think the OMRI label means it's completely organic.

Back