• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Freak Cascabel Peppers

I've been wondering if anyone grew any of the weird stuff a member sold/traded here a while back. I can't recall the guy's name, but he claimed he was into breeding peppers. One was some odd looking spotted cascabel pepper that intrigued me. Did anyone grow it out and get anything like his picture? I think he also was selling a supposed bi-color cayenne called Xela. I grew it from another person's seed gift and it was just a standard red thin cayenne. Was this guy's stuff for real or photoshop? Just curious. i didn't get seeds directly from him so I'm not making any determinations yet.

Chris

I have seen a tiger striped pod that was red and if I can remember blue too? I'm not so sure but I remember it was an Italians grow log on here, and I know it was 2 weeks back I stumbled across the thread and thought that it was amazing seeing a tiger striped pepper haha

Was it this dude flyingappleseedco ?

l_1764dbb3d9b94f08bf1343605fe49109.jpg

Seems he was banned. He also closed shop on his ebay store.

Yeah that was the guy Chris is talking about , flyingappleseedco he was just another liar, so unfortunately anything that dude claimed was pretty much BS

YES, that's him. :) That's the pepper I was referring to as well. I'm not talking about the Pimenta Elisa tiger striped pods. Those are the real deal!

Chris

Hi Chris, I read something about him offering some peppers, I took his peppers with a grain of salt through as they were just to good to be true, that probably why he got banned. To bad, a spotted pepper would be cool.
George W.

He wanted seeds which was fine but got a funny feeling after too much pushiness and just skipped it. Sounds like I decided right.

Back