free Free Aji Limon Peppers

Over the course of the last month I've amassed a great collection of seeds from this forum. People have been extremely generous with their pods and seeds; Thanks to all the help from THP members, weather permitting next year I'm going to be able to grow around 150 plants. Now I'd like to give a little bit back. I have some Aji Limon pods that are ripening nicely indoors on the plant. I'm like to give away 3 packages of 1 pod each (I have 3 chocolate habaneros to send also) to those who would like to try them. I'd like to keep this offer restricted to the northeast, midatlantic, and great lakes region so they arrive quickly, at their freshest. The only other stipulation is that this is only available to people who haven't ever tried this variety before. Don't worry about sending a SASBE, shipping is on me! Post up here for your spot, then PM me your address, and I'll get them mailed out Monday morning :)

I recently got some seeds for the AJI, after seeing them on food network.
I have yet to try one. I am a little further then the regional range you are
stating, but I live in a major city(Austin TX) and my mail arrives very quick.
If this works for you, I am in.. if not.. that is cool too. Thanks.
Never tried the chocolate habs either. Still new to all of this.

Thanks Greg!

Smiter, yeah, that's not a problem. Did you send an envelope or bubble mailer for those bhut indian carbon seeds? If it's a bubble mailer I'll just wait for that to get here and send everything with that, if it was a regular envelope, send me your address and I'll toss the Indian Carbon seeds in with the pods and ship it out Monday.

You've got it guys. John, I got your SASE today, it's on its way back to you. Thanks for the Datil seeds! Can you send me your address again?

Chef, 3 people already got there before you. I'm sure another one will ripen up in the next week. It's all yours when it does.

I would love to try either or both. I'm in Maine. If you have anything unspoken for, please let me know! Very generous of you to make this offer.

Mao and Josh: that's all I was planning to ship away for free, but since there's still some fresh pods yet to ripen, if you want to send a SASBE I'd be happy to share. It would probably cost around $2.50 to send a SASBE and get a couple pods back, so I don't know if it would be worth it to you or not.

Mao and Josh: that's all I was planning to ship away for free, but since there's still some fresh pods yet to ripen, if you want to send a SASBE I'd be happy to share. It would probably cost around $2.50 to send a SASBE and get a couple pods back, so I don't know if it would be worth it to you or not.

Thanks, I was mostly intrested in just getting the seeds out of the pod. I had some lemon drop i got from pepper joe, but never did save any of the seeds from 2 season ago. So i was just looking for 5-6 to start to stock up on my supply.

Thanks for the offere though.

If I remember correctly you have a SASE in the mail from some of the seeds I offered this week. I have a bunch of seeds I pulled from a pod last week. They aren't isolated though; they were grown right next to a red cayenne plant. I think I have about 10-15 pure seeds that I bought last season. If you want isolated seeds I'd be happy to give you 5 of those.

If I remember correctly you have a SASE in the mail from some of the seeds I offered this week. I have a bunch of seeds I pulled from a pod last week. They aren't isolated though; they were grown right next to a red cayenne plant. I think I have about 10-15 pure seeds that I bought last season. If you want isolated seeds I'd be happy to give you 5 of those.

Ahh yea, that would work great if you dont mind. YOu should have the enevelop today if i am not mistaken.

Thanks a million. I plan on getting people back next year with some vartieys i want to try.

Matt, I received the peppers yesterday and tried the aji pepper. It was pretty good. It was crunchy with a slight lemon citrus tone with a good amount of heat that wasn't overpowering. I think that it will be great to cook with. I will have to give this grow next year!

I hear its real good to make powder out of as well. That's probably what I'm going to use it for next year. I thought the smell was real good, but I didn't get too much citrus taste out of it myself. I thought it almost tasted a little bit soapy. I was curious to see if anyone else thought that as well. I read some other reviewers in an older thread thought they tasted kind of soapy. If you grow them, you should get a real good harvest. Despite our short season in New York, my plant was completely loaded with pods when the first frost hit. That was despite planting the seed about 5 weeks after my cayenne plants. By the end of the season it was almost as large as those plants.

Matt,

My neighbor walked your package over. He said he was not sure if it came today or yesterday.
Postal service was trying to give my peppers away! :crazy:

OK.. this was my "first" Aji experience ever...

When I first opened the package, I was struck by how vibrant the peppers looked. The Aji yellow had more "life" looking in it then what I am used to from grocery peppers. As I cut it open, I noticed not a citrus smell, but more like a fresh picked tomato or tomato vine smell. It was very inciting. I started with a cut from the bottom, and was surprised how crisp it was. To me it had a slight floral taste. I would not say soapy as you did, but slight floral indeed. Not unpleasant to me though. Definitely did not taste like peppers I get in TexMex though.

I then ate a portion of the middle with the placenta. At first I thought it was less heat then a serrano, then when my tongue touched the placenta part.. it was a little more. I timed the burn. Lasted about 10 minutes for me.

I plan on saving the seeds. You think this will grow true?

The hab I am saving for another day or so to give a whirl on.
The cayenne I think I will use with a stir fry.

Thanks for your generous offer!

Back