~~FREE CONTEST~~ September 2013

Hey everyone...

This months contest is something a little different than usual....We are going to take suggestions from YOU, the members here at THP.com!

Any suggestions for a good contest will be heard from now thru Sep. 10th at 12:00 pm EST midnight! Post them right here in the thread!

The best suggestion will be used and the contest will run from Sep. 11th thru Sep. 30th 12:00 pm EST midnight!

Thats it for now folks.....lets hear YOUR suggestions!!

The Prize Package will be announced with the winning suggestion for the contest!

Also, the "winning contest suggestion" will WIN a FREE Bakers Burnin' Bundle O' Seeds! See details here... http://bakerspeppers.com/Bakers-Burnin-Bundle-O-Seeds-PS-BBB.htm 

Sizzlin' Salutations!,
Dale E. Baker Jr
Baker's Peppers LLC
www.BakersPeppers.com
@BakersPeppers On Twitter
www.Facebook.com/BakersPeppers

Attachments

• CAM01399.jpg
    CAM01399.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 84
Post a picture of three different BakersPeppers peppers.  You cut them open, off camera of course, and count the seeds in each pepper and determine the total seeds in the three peppers combined.

The member with the closest guess without going over is the winner.  In the even of a tie, I win.  Or, if you prefer, in the even of a tie the member who posted the winning number first is the winner.

I say do an NFL "Pick'em" contest where u pick the winners of every game and have the last game of the week u also guess the score incase u have any ties!

How tall is this plant. you choose a random plant take a picture without the pot and person with the closest or exact guess of height in centimeters wins

All great ideas so far. Dale, I don't envy you with all ideas to choose from. You have had a bunch of great contests in the past so I'm sure either way it will be a blast. I like the idea if incorporating football(or any sport). I don't remember a contest taking that route in the past. I like kingchile's idea. on any given week post all games and have everyone pick the winner of each game(with or without the spread) most good picks wins. Or just pick a game of the week

Who ever is closest to your state's lottery on a certain day gets _________. If two individuals are equally closest, then the one who posted their guess first gets the ________.

How about a fantasy football type deal where people pick a player and based on certain scoring criteria whomever has the most fantasy points wins...which of course would be me...could do weekly or for the entire period

For those of us who like sports, sport themed contests are great.  But this is a hot pepper board and you want your contest to appeal to as many members as possible.

So, if a sport themed contest seems inviting to you, first you should level the playing field as the armchair quarterbacks will have a decided advantage over the folks who aren't sure how many innings there are in a football game if we're talking Pro or Div I college ball.

"Well then, how do I level the playing field?"; you ask?

Here's how - use a high school football rivalry game.  Everyone who enters this contest will have internet access, so everyone has an equal opportunity to search out the stats of both teams, compare their season's performance against common opponents and view their respective rankings in their bids for a state playoff birth.   Doesn't matter if you're in Toledo or Tallahassee, Bel Air or Boise, everyone sees the same data to help them decide how many points each team may score against the other.

So you ponder: "But where can I find such a gloried rivalry worthy of my contest?"

It just so happens I have the perfect solution:
The 110th meeting of the Dover Tornadoes vs the New Philadelphia Quakers slated to be played on the 1st of Nov, 2013 - just two days after this contest ends!  And this game is always HOT - what a great fit for a pepper contest.
These two teams are in the same athletic conference, are in the same state division size,  compete  in the same region for a position in the playoffs and they will have played three common opponents going into this game.

"But geez...'" you say;..."just picking scores is boring.  How do I make this contest fun, challenging and memorable?"

AAHH...you're in luck.  I know how.
During football games, after each Dover score, the Tornado cheerleaders do one push-up for each point Dover has on the scoreboard. (For the uninitiated, first score is a touchdown and PAT = 7 on the scoreboard = 7 push-ups for running total of 7. Next score is a field goal, scoreboard reads 10 = 10 push-ups for a running total of 17 and so on and so on).

So BakersPeppers contestants guess how many push-ups the cheerleaders will do during the game.  The one closest to the correct number without going over wins.  In the event of a tie the contestant closest to picking the total points scored (Dover + NP) without going over wins.  In the event of a tiebreaker tie the contestant closest to guessing the amount of money, without going over, given away in the 50:50 drawing is the winner.  In the event of a tiebreaker tiebreaker tie, I win.

When contestants enter they will submit:
1 - push-up count
2 - total points scored
3 - $ in the 50:50

Back