free Free: Culantro Seeds ===Closed===

I have a lot of Culantro seeds if anyone want to try to grow it.
It's a really tasty herb for island/south American food.

PM me your address.

Hi the culantro seeds packages were sent to:
SicMan/Jessica/Jedisushi/Chilifaninespana/DatilDaddy/Tylerdodd/Dawgbite/Cmpman/Jsschrstrcks/Scarecrw/Zanderspice

Good luck & enjoy
Sy

Thank you for offering these. I wanted to try these because I like cooking thai, but normal cilantro tastes like dishsoap to me(which I discovered is somewhat common), and I heard that culantro doesn't have that effect for cilantro soap-tasters.

Thank you for offering these. I wanted to try these because I like cooking thai, but normal cilantro tastes like dishsoap to me(which I discovered is somewhat common), and I heard that culantro doesn't have that effect for cilantro soap-tasters.

That's how I started with Culantro, to cook Thai & Vietnamese food. Although I like cilantro raw in salsa, culantro is better in cook recipes.
Good luck, be patience with germinating. It does take a while, just bring a few plants inside for overwintering.
Sy

I've grown this the past few seasons. It does hold up better in chutneys and hot sauces. The key to germinating it is patience.......scatter the seed on top of a moist fine seed mix such as Hoffmans or MosserLee. Lightly screen a thin layer of additional mix on top. I bottom water the tray and place a humidity dome over the top. Usually within 3wks the sprouts emerge. Whereas Cilantro loves the sun and heat, Culantro thrives better with afternoon shade. Too muc/h sun and heat will make the leaves tough and bitter. This is a key ingredient in some of my home made hot sauces and I'm sure commerical sauce companies use this and is considered part of their spice ingredients. it's worth the effort in growing and maintaining for anyone whose into the "herbs".

hola Sy seeds arrived this morning :dance:
going in my incubator tomorrow will keep you posted. The race is on to see who can germinate them first ;)

Many thanks

S

Back