free Free small plants - Pepperproblem

Justaguy said:
I know I sent him seed, but can't recall what. Only thing I can think from last year would be Morouga Scorpion seeds. That would explain the M.
I sent out alot of seed last year
lol.. thought we had this convo before..JaG regardless.. the ones i have will be grown and we'll see.. a couple are budding and i will let it be so we can see what they are...

as for the plants.. i cannot send them out anymore.. due to the fact that one flat had some spider mites and i wish not to infect others with them..i sprayed them with AZAMAX... if they make it then good.. if not.. bummer.. argH!.. damn mites.

Nigel just letting you know I received the plants and I will start nursing them back to health ,thank you again. The roots are crazy on these plants.

Got mine as well. The whole "looks like the post office stomped on the box a few times thing" is true.

Was going to get a pic but the box is in the trash and is soaking wet. Just imagine actually stepping a couple of times and then putting it in a mailbox.

Here are the plants:

]
SSPX1211.jpg

PepperDaddler said:
So all three of these are Moruga Blend?
If you look closely, you have 5 plants. All Moruga blend. Labels should say either Mor - JAG or Mor - 07. The JAG ones are probably from seeds sent to Shawn by Justaguy, the others are from cmpman1974 and 2007 seed stock. 

Mine looked even worse than that and they lost every single leaf after transplanting but look how quickly they bounced right back
2013-08-24_13-52-35_856_zps96f9d467.jpg

PepperDaddler said:
I did not receive any labels but that is ok now that I know what they are.
Hmm, I don`t know how I missed putting the labels in. I`m sorry for being such an idiot. I have both types growing nicely and I honestly can`t tell them apart. Remind me later in the year and I`ll make sure you get isolated seeds from both types. 

Hoe exactly did you guys get them to that condition? Did you just transplant and water? Keep them in shade? Give them full sun? Ferts?

Mine are dropping leaves already.

PepperDaddler said:
Hoe exactly did you guys get them to that condition? Did you just transplant and water? Keep them in shade? Give them full sun? Ferts?

Mine are dropping leaves already.
Just transplant and add water. They have been in full sun for months, but give them some warmth and shade, initially. They will probably lose all their leaves, but that is no big deal. I had about 10 plants have every single leaf get eaten by slugs one night. 3 weeks later they are covered in new growth. The root system is very large for such a small plant and will support each plant just fine. You will get new leaves/branches at almost every node to start with. It just takes a few weeks and they will look like Wes and Jamie`s plants. 

At this point you can separate the doubles, too. Carefully rinse away as much soil as you can. Hold the bottom of both stems very firmly and gently tear the roots apart, making sure each stem gets lots of roots. Don`t worry if you have to up the ante and tear them quite hard. As long as each plant gets 30+% of the roots they will be Ok. 

Yup i second Nigel's motion. And if you have any super thrive and or root stimulator I would add that a week after transplant. All of mine lost all of their leaves And it was no big deal at all. That's actually a popular technique ( I don't remember what its called) where you remove all foliage when the plants reach about that size because it makes everything grow back much denser. I did that with almost all of my plants this season and will be doing it from now on

Separated mine and they are outside in the shade in their individual pots.
Watered in with some 50/50 compost tea/ water.
Looking better already.

Back