• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Free Yaki Blue seeds

I have some excellent genetic material for those crossing peppers, or those who love ornamental very hot peppers. The flavor is nothing special, but is still very hot. Very beautiful pepper variety, and would be excellent genetic material for these traits: very hot, almost superhot, beautiful purple leaves and fruits maturing to a deep crimson red with purple blush, and different phenos can exibit incredible color shades in between riping stages. It contains high levels of anthrocyanins, a potent antioxidant that is also in blueberries. Mid sized plants with excellent form.

I can give free seeds to 5 people, who send me a sasbe and have at least 500 posts. Trades are opening to all; do take a look at my profile and if you have something I am searching for and want to trade, please pm me.

So to reiterate, 5 people with at least 500 posts can get free seeds with a sasbe sent to me. I will have some seeds available for trades which do not require a set number of posts. Check my profile for the varieties I am searching for.

AaronTT said:
I have some excellent genetic material for those crossing peppers, or those who love ornamental very hot peppers. The flavor is nothing special, but is still very hot. Very beautiful pepper variety, and would be excellent genetic material for these traits: very hot, almost superhot, beautiful purple leaves and fruits maturing to a deep crimson red with purple blush, and different phenos can exibit incredible color shades in between riping stages. It contains high levels of anthrocyanins, a potent antioxidant that is also in blueberries. Mid sized plants with excellent form.

I can give free seeds to 5 people, who send me a sasbe and have at least 500 posts. Trades are opening to all; do take a look at my profile and if you have something I am searching for and want to trade, please pm me.

So to reiterate, 5 people with at least 500 posts can get free seeds with a sasbe sent to me. I will have some seeds available for trades which do not require a set number of posts. Check my profile for the varieties I am searching for.
1st, many thanks for offering up some free seed. I love those purple leaves and purple fruit as well.

Roxa Lanterns have have nice dark purple fruit, purple in the flowers and purple black leaves as well and taste great, but like your post relates about the Yaki.... different phenotypes can have different levels of coloring. Some Roxa Lanterns I've grown show no purple at all.

When I read your post also talking about have Yaki phenotypes can vary in color expression I have to ask... do you separate out your seed according to the different phenotype colorations your getting or is this a mixed offering?

I ask, as that kind of thing helps stabilize traits over time and is something valuable for a hybridizer to know.

Any pictures of the parent plant these seeds are coming from? An example of the leaf, flower, or fruits.... could help a hybridizer see if they were moving forward on the dark color spectrum or backwards from the genetics you are providing.

Reference points help those of us who are hybridizing see if we are moving forward, backward, or staying the same as we move forward towards our goals whether they be simple mendelian genetics involved or QTL traits.

I have not made any attempts to stabilize or isolate any phenos from this variety, so unfortunately I would have to answer no to all. I have pics somewhere, but nothing that sets my grow apart from what others have grown before in regards to this variety.
PollenNut said:
1st, many thanks for offering up some free seed. I love those purple leaves and purple fruit as well.

Roxa Lanterns have have nice dark purple fruit, purple in the flowers and purple black leaves as well and taste great, but like your post relates about the Yaki.... different phenotypes can have different levels of coloring. Some Roxa Lanterns I've grown show no purple at all.

When I read your post also talking about have Yaki phenotypes can vary in color expression I have to ask... do you separate out your seed according to the different phenotype colorations your getting or is this a mixed offering?

I ask, as that kind of thing helps stabilize traits over time and is something valuable for a hybridizer to know.

Any pictures of the parent plant these seeds are coming from? An example of the leaf, flower, or fruits.... could help a hybridizer see if they were moving forward on the dark color spectrum or backwards from the genetics you are providing.

Reference points help those of us who are hybridizing see if we are moving forward, backward, or staying the same as we move forward towards our goals whether they be simple mendelian genetics involved or QTL traits.

Back