• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Freshman grow.

So I've always liked hot sauce growing up. We always had the standard Tabasco sauce in the house. Friends would have Texas peat or the hot vinegar. When going out to wing places I would sample their hot flavored wings. I've heard about the hot peppers like the ghosts and others on the food network or other types of shows. Never actually sought them out. I knew you could order hot sauces mail order like Dave's insanity but never dreamed of the many many different types of sauces that were out there. While on a trip to NC with my family, I flipped through the advos in the Great Wolf Lodge's guest book and came across an add for a Jerky outlet. It was fathers day weekend and mu wife decided to stop on the way home to the jerky outlet. Not only did they sell many different typed of jerky, but also an assortment of hot sauces! While there I picked up a bottle of Blair's original Death and a bottle of a reaper sauce. Well the fascination for hot sauces was reignighted. I started doing research and reading as I do when I get a bug, then someone at work told me about a guy who was selling some ghost peppers at the Saturday market here in Augusta. He didn't have the ghosts this Saturday I went but he did have three other kids. Devil's tongue, 7 pot primo, and Thai Dragon! Then after getting the plants I decided to find a forum. I knew there was bound to be one. And I found this place. Wanting to get a little more active I decided to start a glog. Thanks for your time. Here is the glog as it stands now.

8-1-14
7 pot primo
Devil's tongue (unknown color ATM)
Thai Dragon

Pictures to come soon.

7 pot primo

Devil's Tongue

Devil's Tongue Pepper

Thai Dragon

Good luck with your grow and your new found pepper growing addiction as well(yep - you may not know it yet but you have acquired a pepper growing addiction)!  

Your search for a pepper site landed you in the right place - you're gonna love it here!

That is a pot my wife did with a jalapeño, spicey basal, and chives. The plant you see is the spicey basal. I might try to repot the jalapeño and over winter it. It was a Lowes buy and didn't produce much in the pot. I suspect its because of everything else in the pot and its kinda on the small side

So how long do I have to wait to see if this in fact turns red or do I have the yellow/orange variety of devils tongue? After doing some reading I've discovered that there are at least the two varieties. But there could be more. You guys are the experts. Should I leave it and see? Other than the Thai Dragons that's being prolific for a noobie, this is my first real hot pepper. Kinda excited!! And it looks like my 7-pot primo has a couple starting. Yippie!

These are the pepper seeds I have for next year. I'll plant a couple now and over winter in the GH.

7 pot brainstrain
7 pot gigantic SR red
Thai hot
Aji lemon drop
Peperonchini
Venezuelan tiger
Dong Xeon veit market
Hungarian wax pepper
Orange habanero
Corno di toro Guiallo
Wiri wiri
Trini mystery pepper