• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Fried rice night.

robbie said:

That's similar to the way I make it.  I fry all the meat and veggies first and set aside.  Then I brown the rice with mustard seed and or garlic, add the water and cook the rice.  Then mix it all up at the end.  I picked up a big bag of vermicelli today to add to some fried rice I will make this week.  Couldn't find any wild rice.  I'm getting kinda burnt on jasmine, basmati and brown rice.  

Oh man, that looks really good. Wish you had a little closer pic Sometimes I see girls from far away and think they're good, only to find out they're far from good. :)
I think I'm going to have to make up some more rice this weekend. You guys are making up some great grub.

Been awhile. Left over garlic rubbed pulled pork getting happy in some char siu sauce
dUGKhFm.jpg

Veggies ready to rock. Garlic, shallots, and ginger in first with some peanut oil, soy sauce, fish sauce.
O4COXRT.jpg

Cook veggies to desired tenderness
tAqKC2V.jpg

Cooking the marinades pork enough to reduce the liquid.
C3kHUg5.jpg

Scramble a couple of eggs in the oil and pull out with the veggies. Then fry the rice in soy sauce , rice vinegar, fish sauce, garlic powder, pepper, hot oil, peanut oil, and then add everything else.

Yum....upside fried rice lol. I'm too lazy to switch it around
TttubFm.jpg

Thanks. It's pretty tasty. Great way to use up the pulled pork too ;)
Only thing I'm missing is the Thai Basil from the garden. Next year I need to dry some and grind it up.

Back