Fried Twinkies

rainbowberry said:
Thanks, they look good. I wonder if I'm the only English person who's never heard of them :rolleyes:
It's ok if you are, I've never heard of hot peppers before I started coming to the site, All I knew was Hebenero & jalapeno peppers, Now I know about Scotch bonnets, fatailies, so on and on.

Pepperfreak said:
I think I'm going to have to send you a box. They are delicious.

So I take it they're very popular in the US? Even Moyboy seems to have heard of them. I'm sure we don't have anything that I can compare to them Paul.

rainbowberry said:
So I take it they're very popular in the US? Even Moyboy seems to have heard of them. I'm sure we don't have anything that I can compare to them Paul.

They might be the most popular snack especially with kids besides Oreos and Chips Ahoy. There was a rumor here that they would survive a nuclear winter lol
wikipedia said:

[edit] Urban legend
A common urban legend claims that Twinkies have an indefinite shelf life, or can last for a relatively long time due to chemicals used in production. The myth probably originated from the fact that Twinkies are made without dairy products and thus spoil more slowly than most bakery items.[13]

rainbowberry said:

PM me youor address again and I'll send you a gift.

ill tell you what...ive never had a fried twinkie....but if you take one and pop it in the freezer...:drooling:. they turn all chewy and deliscous....DO IT! lol

Just got emailed a heap of stuuf and one of the pics was this

twinky.jpg

A deep fried twinky with choc sauce....

rainbowberry said:

I had only heard about them due to watching far to many US movies...:lol:

I have never seen one in the flesh or tasted one...

I'm sure you could get them in Australia and UK and well but I wouldn't know where.....Never seen them in the supermarkets...

rainbowberry said:
What exactly are 'Twinkies'?

not sure where you are exactly but in Australia they are called Squiggles(i think thats how you spell that) or you can us any sponge cake with cream filling

if you really want them, you can go to ebay in your country there are always someone selling them..lol

BamsBBQ said:
not sure where you are exactly but in Australia they are called Squiggles(i think thats how you spell that) or you can us any sponge cake with cream filling

if you really want them, you can go to ebay in your country there are always someone selling them..lol

I'll have to look into that....Thanks mate..

Do you know about USA Foods in Australia? Popular American foods for those Down Under.

Back