• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Fried Wontons with Pork Filling

Added the usual scallion/ginger/sesame oil/garlic/s&p/soy sauce,thinly shredded carrot for
color & a tad of dry sherry ..can use rice wine vinegar..saved some of the filled Wontons for soup
Egg wash to seal & dipping sauce to dunk.
These are good if you're having an Appetizer Party :dance: ..they disappear fast &easy to make..try it. ;)
mdCOoYg.jpg
FpoZRz0.jpg
HazloIE.jpg

they look delicious! i`ve never made them but i do get them at a chinese takeout place that have beef filling. now i have to add these to my list of things to try!  :cheers:

CaneDog said:
I've never made fried wontons before, but it looks like I should!
Definitely...  can be prefilled ahead & refrig,even frozen & fry/boil when you need a few.

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
they look delicious! i`ve never made them but i do get them at a chinese takeout place that have beef filling. now i have to add these to my list of things to try!  :cheers:
LMSP...you can get the wrappers @ Stop & shop/Big Y,the company that makes the wrappers I used is in Ma.
www.nasoya.com
They have some good recipes & you can get real creative ..did chicken, shrimp/crab rangoon/mozzarella sticks/veges.
with appropriate dipping sauce ...easy to do & like I said can be filled ahead put in the fridge,fry when you're ready.
Also,for later can  freeze them FIRST,single layer  in a tray,then put them in bags till you're ready,otherwise
they stick together .. boiled as in wonton soup.etc etc.the possibilities are endless. :D

Back