• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Friend gave me Chocolate Habanero's

Slowly but surely finding other chiliheads around me. A coworker of mine knew I grew orange Habanero's so when he ran across someone who had a chocolate habanero he was able to get me a handful of them. I'm just learning how to post pictures and thought this would be a good time to try it.
T3E3GgD.jpg

First pic shows the size of the biggest ones

akBuxwL.jpg

second pic shows how many I got. See that one in the upper left corner? Looks like a pumpkin, even has a flat bottom. Gonna collect seeds from that to see how it grows out. Also gonna do the same with the biggest ones.
Wish me luck :drooling:

Of all the dark pods, Choco Hab's are one of my favorites.

Hopefully, they weren't cross pollinated, and the seeds grow true.

Or, maybe get a few interesting hab crosses. Plant a load and see!

Gotrox said:
Of all the dark pods, Choco Hab's are one of my favorites.

Hopefully, they weren't cross pollinated, and the seeds grow true.

Or, maybe get a few interesting hab crosses. Plant a load and see!
Hard to say really. That's why I pointed out that pumpkin looking one. None of my orange habs ever took on that shape in the 3 years I've been growing them.

always been one of my favorites, both my choc hab plants started from seed this year turned out to be something much different one looked like some sort of chocolate scorpion superhot that was extremely hot and tasted horrible, the other turned had pods like some sort of red scorpion and actually was very good but still not what i wanted

Nice looking pods. How's the heat/flavor compared to an orange hab? I have not tried the choc hab yet, but do like the choc scorpion I had last year and the brown moruga I had this year is a great tasting pepper.

cloudhand said:
Nice looking pods. How's the heat/flavor compared to an orange hab? I have not tried the choc hab yet, but do like the choc scorpion I had last year and the brown moruga I had this year is a great tasting pepper.
I just cut one open to pull the seeds out and decided to taste the flesh part. The bottom half had no placenta so I popped it in my mouth and started chewing. Has a surprising sweetness to it I guess you could call it fruity (sorry, new to the pepper review terminology). The heat was mellow so after a minute I popped the other half that still had a good amount of placenta on it in my mouth. Again the sweetness at first but then the heat came on and kept coming. Sweat, tears, and a couple sneezes followed by a massive endorphin rush finished it off. Awesome pepper!! Gonna love growing this. Hopefully seeds are true to the pod.

Back