• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Friend or Foe?

so i took some nice macro shots to put up on facebook, when i looked at it i noticed critters

JY0sjp6.jpg

so i went and looked at the plant some more and saw they seem to be interested in the flowers

FiIqEFH.jpg

SGtdlIM.jpg

they don't seem to be aphids, but should i be worried?
the plant is kicking out plenty of new pods, but do these guys need taking care of, or are they doing some pollinating for me?

cheers
G

I have had them on every part of the plant imaginable, but yes I typically see them on the underside of leaves and such.

They are kinda hard to spot, as well as under the leaves they like the new leaves or ( nodes ) around the buds and flower clusters. Ladybugs love to munch on aphids. The trick is getting them to stick around, as long as there are aphids some of the ladybugs will stay put for a while

Never seen a ladybug in Tokyo I'm afraid. They are about but..

Plenty of green lacewings seem to like my 7 pot plants as places to lay eggs. Those plants have remained aphid free.

I'm going chemical warfare. It's autumn now and I've been waiting for it to be cool enough to set pods all summer. Now they are, I don't wanna risk aphids getting the better of me

Foe: use liquid ladybug organic mite spray(www.Liquidladybug.com) this stuff works the first time. Repeat a week later for eggs and you win. It will work on all aphids.

96strat said:
Foe: use liquid ladybug organic mite spray(www.Liquidladybug.com) this stuff works the first time. Repeat a week later for eggs and you win. It will work on all aphids.
I will make a note of that, good info to know.
What is the active ingrediant in the liquid ladybug?

96strat said:
thanks for that. never heard of the stuff, looks interesting! 

Back