• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

from flower to pepper.. average time in hydro?

My hydro pepper plants' flowers are opening. As this is my first time growing and using hydro what is the average period of time for pods to start producing after the flowers open? I do have a fan on them which will aid in pollination if necessary and the peppers are jalapeño, serrano and cayenne.

Although I'm non hydro, I'd say the average for me is around 5 days. Would hydro make a difference in that department?

technically, it should reduce the time spent making fruits overall, i doubt it will have much difference during the first fruit and flowering.

willard3 said:
Patience............

Did you read that as me being impatient? It's just curiosity, I've never done this before. It's not like I can't go to the store and grab a jalapeno.....

My Golden Cayennes took about 10 days or so to go from flower to pods set. Thee are in an area that has no insects or fans blowing on them and they pollinated just fine.

Matt50680 said:
My Golden Cayennes took about 10 days or so to go from flower to pods set. Thee are in an area that has no insects or fans blowing on them and they pollinated just fine.

Cool Cool

Back