• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Frost Tonight

Here are some of my plants out in the direct sun for the first time over Memorial Day to bad I have to bring them in tonight.

DCP_2078.jpg

DCP_2082.jpg

DCP_2023.jpg

Dale

Those transplants all look so healthy and ready for the garden. Here's hoping that this is the last cold night for all you up north. Can't wait to follow your grow when they get outside. Thanks again for the seeds.

The Majority of my plants are still inside under lights.
However I did put 8 tomato plants out as well as 2 dozen pepper plants. The tarps will be over them tonight.

This weather sucks. Global warming? Not in May, not in Ohio.I'm telling you, we are having April weather these days. It's suppose to drop to 48 degrees Thursday morning.

Mike

thepodpiper said:
There is supposed to be frost tonight in southern Mich. so if you have your plants out you may want to cover them.

Dale

Hi neighbor if you will see this driving around it is me
and this is not funny!!!!

Picture257.jpg

:onfire::onfire::onfire:

To bad if we have frost tonight my all plant are in the garden can't cover all they are to many over 80 plants hope I don't loose all of them.Next year I will plant in the garden on and of July here weather in Ohio is creasy you never know when you going to be on safe site.I thinking next year to have most of my plant in hydroponic aeroflo 20 & bubbler at least most of .

Dale: Your plants are simply fantastic looking....

I promise guys I am not laughing at y'all...I was giggling to myself thinking about my summer being here and you guys still getting frost...

We did get a nice unexpected thunderstorm today....filled my rain barrels back up....and the temperature is a pleasant 76F....

Y'all take care of your peppers and we all will have a good harvest...

The weather is crazy thsi season. I checked my local weather here in colorado; good news, no frost tonight.

Yep, weather forecaster says low of 35 degrees here in SE MI tonight...yeah sure it's almost June right? Just ridiculous now.

Chris

How did all you guys plants fare last night?

We got down to only 45 last night, but I'm about 4 hours south of Dale. This is the first May in a long, long time we have not hit at least 85 degrees at least onece. Our "normal" high for this time of the year is 77, it's suppose to get to 66 today.

Mike

POTAWIE said:
Got down to 4C here and cold again tonight:(

Same here in Toronto...

"I'm ready to take a flame thrower to this place..."

This weather is messing with my plants. I didn't get a chance to cover them at all and they're already in the ground. I hope all is well...:shocked:

I don't understand this weather in northeast Ohio they said that frost will be again tonight.I buy some extra large sandwich paper bags so I can cover what ever got left of plants this year it is sad that every year some stuff over & over always cold they said that is global warming? I don't see it that way it is cold all true month of May.I learn one think & it is that from now on I will put my plants outside every year on and of month of May but not all .I lost lot of hard to find peppers plants.I hope some one have better luck so don't have to go true hell every year.

Yeah, I lost some last night too to the frost. I think casualties tonight will be much more severe. :( Global warming...yeah OK...arctic freeze. I don't see as much overall warming effects as crazy ### weather patterns now. It seems the climate is much more unpredictable. Extremes are becoming the norm and moderation is leaving.

OK now, I'm sure someone will pull statistical data for 100 years to prove I am just ranting. lol.

Chris

OK, last post. Maybe I'm cursing myself, but the forecast seems to have taken a turn for the better according to WDIV (channel 4). Low temp is now 40 degrees tonight and I don't see a frost warning. Just 6 hrs ago, there was one posted both tonight and tomorrow night.

Now, the temps look like they're warming substantially...low of 55 degrees Fri-Tues at night. Crazy stuff I say!!

Chris

Back