• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fruit fly/Fungus gnats.

Reinnoculation is wise. H202 works on contact and I somewhat doubt even a thorough soaking will sanitize the rootball completely. Not sure on the effectiveness of H202 as a sole treatment for FG.

Bti (Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis) is a subspecies of Bt, that produces a protein crystal toxic to a narrow range of species. There is some evidence it is not as safe as previously thought, but is still one of the best options.

Crumbling Dunks into a top dressing (1/2-1 tsp per gallon soil) in conjunction with adding to your reservoir or feed water works very well. Optimally 24 hours before you water, and if I recall, one Dunk treats over 100 gallons. Popping a pyrethrin bomb or hanging sticky tape will knock out the fliers. Bearing in mind, Bti only effects one larval stage, and can take 2-4 weeks for complete control.

miguelovic said:
Crumbling Dunks into a top dressing (1/2-1 tsp per gallon soil) in conjunction with adding to your reservoir or feed water works very well. Optimally 24 hours before you water, and if I recall, one Dunk treats over 100 gallons. Popping a pyrethrin bomb or hanging sticky tape will knock out the fliers. Bearing in mind, Bti only effects one larval stage, and can take 2-4 weeks for complete control.
Perfect. Thanks!
What about a 1-2 punch of BTI & peroxide? No harmful effects of combining is there? 

Back