Frustrated

I've been to a few different "bar and grill's" around town. I've been talking to them about letting me make my sauces in their kitchens. The only answer I'm getting is NO. They say they don't have the room, don't have time, not interested. It's gettin really frustrating now. I feel I am offering them a fair - good deal on it. Hell the one bar owner said I can't use his kitchen but he'd be willing to help me out if I wanted open a commercial kitchen in the area. Not sure I wanna do that because of the costs.

Dyce51 said:
I've been to a few different "bar and grill's" around town. I've been talking to them about letting me make my sauces in their kitchens. The only answer I'm getting is NO. They say they don't have the room, don't have time, not interested. It's gettin really frustrating now. I feel I am offering them a fair - good deal on it. Hell the one bar owner said I can't use his kitchen but he'd be willing to help me out if I wanted open a commercial kitchen in the area. Not sure I wanna do that because of the costs.

I doubt if yuou will ever get that puppy to hunt! Besides the potential violation of a slew of health regulations involved in operating a restaurant kitchen, it strikes me as sort of like asking a stranger if you can use his house to hold a party. What is their incentive to say yes? If your sauce is any good then back it with some personal funding is my reommendation. - E.Z.

From what I have been told by the ODA (ohio dept. of agriculture) If I can find a kitchen that has a food service license and has been insoected by the Health Dept, I can have the ODA inspect the facility and if it meets the ODA requirements they will approve it. I'm just going off of what I have been told. I will have to double check with them again.

Dyce51 said:
From what I have been told by the ODA (ohio dept. of agriculture) If I can find a kitchen that has a food service license and has been insoected by the Health Dept, I can have the ODA inspect the facility and if it meets the ODA requirements they will approve it. I'm just going off of what I have been told. I will have to double check with them again.

If I had a restaurant kitchen, the last thing I would want is you dragging another level of inspection into the place. I repeat my belief that this is too much of an imposition on the restaurant. Go with Cap'n Bones suggestion. It is the correct way. - E.Z.

E.Z. Earl said:
If I had a restaurant kitchen, the last thing I would want is you dragging another level of inspection into the place. I repeat my belief that this is too much of an imposition on the restaurant. Go with Cap'n Bones suggestion. It is the correct way. - E.Z.

Thanks for the advice. I PMed Cap'n Bones.

Thought.....most church kitchens are inspected and can be used for commercial use (i.e. dog carts, catering, etc.) Wondering if you talked to the folks at a local church, you may be able to use their kitchen on weekdays for a fee. You would not be in their way and they would put a couple of bucks in their coffers.

Good Luck in whatever avenue you choose! I am pulling for you!

chiliman said:
Thought.....most church kitchens are inspected and can be used for commercial use (i.e. dog carts, catering, etc.) Wondering if you talked to the folks at a local church, you may be able to use their kitchen on weekdays for a fee. You would not be in their way and they would put a couple of bucks in their coffers.

Good Luck in whatever avenue you choose! I am pulling for you!

Very true...I'll have to talk to the local churches here and see what they say....in the mean time I am calling a couple of mor eco-packers....

Back