Frustration

"When reality proves that my life is unmanageable I feel frustration."

- Some dude, some where

Man I'm seeing all these pictures of people with pods and I'm over here feeling frustrated. From dealing with mites to the freaking gale force winds that blow through my front yard to all the flowers that are dropping no matter how much I shake or finger bang them- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over. Thank you for reading. 

all better now my friend ? it'll be o.k. deep breath . one thing at a time , mites first the rest will follow . don't feel bad . suddenly all the new growth on my plants via garden or potted has slowed down , and what new stuff there is . is really tiny leaves . some really narrow . went through this crap last year but a little later like in june . i'm using different nutes, soils, got garden , potted . so thats eliminated . i did notice extras in solos in the garage are doing exactly the same thing and i changed nothing to them . i thinks its the instability of the weather . just wait em out .

Dude.

Story of both of my last grows.

I've got my plants under roof, growing off reflected light only ...

Sure, they are growing much more slowly ...

My idea is this - slow growth from now through the hot months, establishing colonies in the soil ... I'm watering in Great White myco, after mixing it into the soil as well ...

When the peak heat and rains give way in like 10-12 weeks, I'm going to pot up to 5 and 10 gal pots and put them out in half-day, full-sun for the temperate Fall ...

We'll see if I can lick these spider mites first, though ;) ...

sirex said:
Yeah. I guess that anything worth having is worth working and waiting as well.

You know what's coming.

Last week we got our first typical Florida afternoon/evening thunderstorms ...

Characteristic ... gusty, wind-driven rain ... lightning took out a transformer near us, and yesterday a strike knocked out our A/C while I was making a sandwich for the SotM thread (had to go outside and reset the breaker for the compressor) ...

The plants hate the wet shoes below the surface, and hate the high humidity above ...

I'm just keeping under my awning , taking what I can get from reflected, and trying to pre-load their root-balls to explode when the drier time starts come Fall ...

I'm planning to spray chemicals to the canopies all Summer, and treat the soil w/ AACT and aspirin, and I'm planning to use peroxide ...

We'll see.

I have to admit, it's more a matter of overcoming the challenge than caring about the bounty. I have so much powder, and WM's pods are so nice, that I can't say it's all that important to my diet whether I pull much ... it's more just wanting to test this hypothesis that holding them back through Summer, for Fall, pans out.

Don't feel bad. My plants will bloom and drop three times here in Colorado. I thought last year I wouldn't get any pods. I got pounds and pounds. We also have a short season here. Winter sets around October. I expect the same this year. Your plants will make up for lost time and reward you for your patience. LOL

Good luck and I hope the weather changes for you guys.

Just just hammered by storms, flash flooding everywhere but on the plus side I do not need to water. :)

Worth the ending  :dance:

11074164_10203880727082961_8777323234501445813_n.jpg

Bunch of whiners...  ;)

We've been having fantastic weather the last two weeks and all of my peppers are hardened off and ready to be planted out.

So now it's my turn to whine - it's supposed to drop to 27°F here overnight on Friday...  

I've never seen a frost that late in the 15 years that I've lived here.  It's gonna completely decimate my hostas (of which I have many...)

ChiliNoob said:
Bunch of whiners...  ;)

We've been having fantastic weather the last two weeks and all of my peppers are hardened off and ready to be planted out.

So now it's my turn to whine - it's supposed to drop to 27°F here overnight on Friday...  

I've never seen a frost that late in the 15 years that I've lived here.  It's gonna completely decimate my hostas (of which I have many...)
Before the frost hits, go out and spray everything and get it soaked...it will survive

Back