• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fungus Gnats - BTI in Canada (or Montreal)

Hello,

Yesterday night, I noticed that I had fungus gnats in the outer cup of my bottom watering cups. Meaning that there must be fungus gnats larvae throughout my soil. I had no choice but to water because the plant were wilting.

So, IMO letting the soil dry out will no longer necessarily work 100%. H202 or Soapy water kinda work, but they keep coming back!

My question: is there a way i can get BTI to Montreal. I think I remember reading that the Quebec state has legislated the selling of this product, and that you now need a permit issued by the government to use it. This must be for commercial producers or large scale operation.

I can't find mosquito dunks anywhere and its seems like safer soap for mosquitos is not available.
Please help,
Thanks,

Guillaume

If you don't have luck getting what you are looking for, it's worth a shot to cover the soil with a layer of sand. Doing that has wiped out my fungus gnat infestation.

You only need a 'pinch' of either form of Mosquito Dunks dissolved in your water to wipe out those SOBs.

Also great to put in saucers under plants to prevent skeeter larvae.

Yeah, I see that even the skeeter dunks on canadian eBay are all sent from the US.

Send me a PM and I'll help.

Back