• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fungus Gnats.. Ugh

jedisushi06 said:
how do you use it?  Says it's organic.

Gnatrol is basically the same stuff I linked to in my post. Just a WDG prep of Bti. I just mix about 1t per gallon of water (less as a proactive measure, more if they're out of control). It obliterates their populations after only a couple of days. There will still be a few adults hovering around, but even if they lay more eggs, the larvae will die as soon as they take their first bite!  :twisted:
     I like going this route because it's waaaaay cheaper than using mosquito dunks, it's easier to apply and it won't kill all the beneficial microbes in your soil (like microwaving - also a pita) - if you're into that stuff. 
     The way things are going, the bag I bought is going to last me years and years. Even though I treat all my plants (including houseplants) during winter.
     Fungus gnats are something I just don't consider an issue anymore. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Best thing that has ever worked for me, sand on top layer of soil and hanging fly traps. I have not had issue with pepper plants in 3 years now as a result of sand on top layer of soil. 
This worked a treat for me, had real issues with them until I tried this method.  

Back