• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fungus & other stuff in DWC

SadisticPeppers

eXtreme Business
Today, I put some water into my big DWC, and nothiced there was not only this very pale beige crust floating on the top of the reservoir that got easily broken up when I put the water in, but also saw there was a very slight fuzz of fungus about a centimeter above that on the sides where the highest water make was. I'm obvouisly concerned that my DWC has fungus in it, so what is the best method of getting rid of it. I put in a hydrogen peroxide mix into the reservoir, and that seemed to help. I have no plants in it yet, since I'm still 0-fer for my cuttings. Any help would be appreciated.

And as far as the beige crust floating on top. Any ideas what that is? I can provide pics if needed...

Hydrogen peroxide should definitely help. I have a bunch of algae in my container, and it doesn't interfere too much, so I wouldn't stress about it. What you should worry about is if there is any green algae, which means that there is too much light getting into your container. As long as the algae isn't green, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Pictures would be great, as then the situation could be properly identified. The crust might just be your nutrients being left behind after the water evaporates.

When I read your post i said: "organic nutrients" ... I was right. I would dump everything out and clean it very well.. Twice. I would not run the system until The plants are ready. Then run it for a day maybe two. Then check the ph make a small adjustment and put plants in. Use low concentrations of everything. I am thinking start at 1/8th a dose. Buy beneficial microbes http://www.ehydroponics.com/gh-subculture-b.html?&cid=350 and hygrozyme.

If you insist on sticking with organic track your Ph and temperature. Adjust PH slowly as organic systems are more unstable.

Or... Just buy ph adjuster and maxibloom and don't worry about it.

Organic nutrients will plug up small water passages in hydro.
All organic nutrients are the same no matter their physical form.

Back