• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Funky Orange Habs

My apologies if this is in the wrong place but....

Ok.... so this will be my first try posting a pic here @ THP as well as a pic hosted via my cam phone.
My Orange Habs seem to have crossed with another of my peppers this season... I also grew Butch T's, Moruga's, Yellow Red & Douglah 7 Pots as well as Giant Thai's, Slim Jim Cayenne's, Cherry Bombs & Kung Pao's...
I'm guessing maybe the Butch T snuck under the sheets with the Hab @ some point.?.?.
http://m1276.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Brutaldiver/2012-10-14_10-12-09_266_zpse2328f91.jpg.html?o=0&newest=1[img]
Ok, so right now all I can manage is to get the link to the pic's page.... if you'd like to check them out - Go for it..
They taste great. I seperated all but a small portion of the seeds and placenta from all the funky habs to dry and save. The rest, i just had to sample. Flavor of a hab but they have more of a scorpion/Butch T heat... definately more heat than the other Habs I grew away from these (and which look virtually identical to what i usaually think of as a normal orange hab.... i have a bunch of other pics of pods from the same plant in that pepper pic album

Looks like those habs were definitely crossed with one of your TS strains. Gorgeous peppers though! :-)...Nice tails on them!

Really, thanks for the info.
well then... whatever Home Depot in Cincinnati was selling marked as Orange Habs turned out nice..
The rest of my 'superhots' came from one of vendors here on THP...

whatever Home Depot in Cincinnati was selling marked as Orange Habs turned out nice..

Which one? If they could only guarentee to get them next year, I'd head there and buy a couple.

Jeff, it was the Ridge and Highland location. I saved the seeds from every one that came out this way so i could try them again last year. Out of 4 HD Habs, these funky ones came off only one of them... i prob ought to try and bring it in BUT i already have a full grow room with a moruga and butch t left homeless. I so hate to let a full grown pod laden plant wither etc but my home is jammed with pepper plants & i don't want my 2 year picking or fondling those "pretty red balls"!!! Lol

Back