• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fusing Two Different Varieties

I have read before that some fuse together two chili plants to come up with a harder, healthier, and stronger plant. Has anyone tried fusing two different chili plants? Can you share the results?

Thank you.

Would that be like clumping?  I've never tried that but I know that it can lead to excellent yields. 

kapengbarako said:
I have read before that some fuse together two chili plants to come up with a harder, healthier, and stronger plant. Has anyone tried fusing two different chili plants? Can you share the results?

Thank you.
I do that all the time. Just let two seedlings grow together to become one plant. I'll take a picture of my overwintered Devils Brain plant later to show you.

skullbiker said:
I do that all the time. Just let two seedlings grow together to become one plant. I'll take a picture of my overwintered Devils Brain plant later to show you.
please do because ive been curious about this two. I have 3 white fatalii close together and the middle one produces totally differently than the other 2. would love to fuse 2 Primos this year.

skullbiker said:
Here's a pic of the plant(s) last fall in a 50L pot.

And this is the current state

Here's a closer look at where the two plants have grown basicly into one.
Thank you for posting this. Will try it myself :)

ablizno said:
interesting stuff! I was thinking of twisting the plants around each other like a braid.
Someone on the U.K. forum did just that either last year or the year before, it looked pretty cool in the photo. You should give it a try, maybe even braid up 3!!!! That would be awesome looking.

skullbiker said:
Someone on the U.K. forum did just that either last year or the year before, it looked pretty cool in the photo. You should give it a try, maybe even braid up 3!!!! That would be awesome looking.
thats the plan, if i can get any of these Primo seeds to sprout. So far i only have one.

I have two different type 30' avocado trees that are fused like OP plant. One is much wider than the other, possibly because one has took more root space or roots choking, I'm not sure. They were here before I moved to this house.

skullbiker said:
I think I thought of a good pepper plant for the three braid thing, I just might try it.
Just had a crazier idea. Braid 3 different varieties. So you have one big plant with 3 different peppers. Assuming you don't want to keep the seeds pure.

YouTube khangstarr... he does pepper grafting. Has like 4 or 5 var. In one...I hadon't someone graft me 3 var. Avocado. .so I can have avocados 9/12months. If you wanted to fuse. You can scar the pepper plants and use grafting tape to pin them next to each other so hopefully they fuse. ..but make sure you expose the cambiem...also another guy did fuse ..a tomato on an eggplant root stock..so less disease

Back