misc Gallons for Hot Sauce

Yessss it is a local sale. They offered to come by and give a bunch of these umbro like containers, but I've never stored by sauce straight from the pot into one of those conatiners. is that okay? if it is kept refrigerated....

They will be making a pizza for about a month long run out of the sauce.  I am considering just buying the gallon glass jugs with metal caps as suggested. 

picutred below is the containers they can give me to store the sauce in.
41bdnopfNJL.jpg

The glass gallon lids I'm thinking of have the rubber ring on the underside like traditional canning jar lids and 16 oz glass jars of salsa.

Those plastic gallons are rated for hot fill! Cool!!!! First time seeing those.

Newks may want to check with the PA to make sure those would be ok for shelf stable status. The restaurant would probably appreciate not having to refrigerate 20 gallons, but hey, if they have the room.... :shrug:

Oh yea.... also plastic woozy bottles. In the past, myself and others have tried to hot pack in plastic woozys and they melt. I figured the big boys have very accurate packaging equipment that can hold the product exactly hot enough to be safe and not hot enough to melt the jug. Also, the larger jugs are probably thicker material.

I would only trust the ones that state it  :D

"These gallon bottles are comprised of multi-layer polypropylene plastic and are ideal for food products that are hot filled up to 205°F. Common uses include salsas, sauces and other industrial food products."

Oooooh! Thanks, Boss!!!! It's been years since I've looked for plastic bottles, it looks like there are some new products. Great news!

I agree - plastic would be great for that reaeson. 5 Gallon tubs with lids would be great.  The bigger the container the better. I just need to know what to buy!  Please send any recommendations.

Back