• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Garden missing some red...

Can anyone out there help put me onto a nice variety of pepper, to fill the hole that I have in the red spectrum? The only red superhot that I have is a Carolina Reaper, and I need something different. LOL

I really like Red Savina. Something in that same heat range, with an awesome flavor. Any ideas?

Not interested in Bhut Jolokia. Got a source, but the flavor isn't for me.

Thanks in advance!

Nothing can improve upon the RS? It's a great pepper, but I'm feeling a bit adventurous... Want to step outside my box of present knowledge :)

Bhut_Trolokia said:
What about Red Adjuma?
That's Red and that kinda hot.

Sounds interesting. Know a good seed source?

MeatHead1313 said:
Safi red habanero is another option as well. Great tasting pepper.

Again, sounds like a good prospect.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Caribbean Red or Red Scotch Bonnet :)

I've got 3 varieties of scotch bonnet already! LOL

Besides, after having the MoA, I think I'm ruined for just about any other variety. ;)

meinchoh said:
Congo Trinidad Red
Wow, those look like some seriously big pods...

Takanotsume, Medusa, Prarie Fire, any Thai upright....these aren't supers but if it's color you're going for they'll do the trick

I'm not growing them until next year...and I'm not sure if it's super or not but I think Safi is a good choice.  Supposed to be the West African version of a 7 pot.

Red Scorpion. Flavor is great but heat is not consistent. Hottest pods will blow your mind, mildest pods are still in the Red Savina range. This is the only pepper to ever give me stomach cramps, but then again I haven't tried some of the other known killers like the reaper or brain strain.

Lots of possibilities: Avenir, Hot Paper Lantern, Red Devil's Tongue, Habanero St. Martin, Habanero Ugandian Red,  Hawaii Beach Pepper, Nagabon, TS "Sweet"...

Cya

Datil

Oh man, you guys are killing me....  LOL

I don't want to be a pepper hoarder like some of you. (you know who you are)

But I did ask. ;)

Back