• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Garden Preparation - A How To

It's been quite some time that I've been able to work in the garden. In fact, it has been so long that everything has grown over again. Last week I cut the well fertilized grass and weeds back to reveal a row of okra still growing.

I headed straight home after work so I could work in the garden. I thought it would be helpful to people interested in gardening to make a video on preparing the garden area.

This is my How To for tilling.

https://www.youtube....kU&feature=plcp

That's one way to do it.... :rofl:

Not so long ago I found onions still growing in an old bed... 15 years or so after planting them!

It's my pepper planting that needs cutting. I planted tomatoes in with the peppers every 3rd plant on half the rows and they are MONSTER plants. I have to cut off parts of them so they don't smother the peppers.
I can no longer walk down the rows---I have to slash my way down.

look at the top of the picture to see the jungle---the foreground is empty compared to the top

GardenRowAjiYellow.jpg

Bye the way if anyone knows how to get photos into THP using the Extreme Photo procedure please let me know.

It's been quite some time that I've been able to work in the garden. In fact, it has been so long that everything has grown over again. Last week I cut the well fertilized grass and weeds back to reveal a row of okra still growing.

I headed straight home after work so I could work in the garden. I thought it would be helpful to people interested in gardening to make a video on preparing the garden area.

This is my How To for tilling.

https://www.youtube....kU&feature=plcp

your laugh sounds like Hank from Breaking Bad

Thank you Spicy Echo.

A 364cu.in. small block powered tiller is the way to go and is therapeutic too.

Balac,
That is a good problem to have compared to sheer weeds. I will be bringing in lots of mulch this fall to get rid of the weeds problem.

Back